PRS Experience 2012 Swamp Ash Studio Multi-Foil
Forty Swamp Ash Studio Multi-Foil guitars were made for Experience PRS 2012.
A metallic color coat that is blotted to give each finish individual character was used. In 1985, PRS made a small number of guitars with painted pinstripes dubbed “metal guitars.” The second generation in this theme, made in the later 1980’s, used a metallic color coat and was dubbed “Multi-Metal.”
The Swamp Ash Studio is an updated take on a single-single-hum guitar with PRS’s Narrowfield pickups in the middle and bass positions and a 57/08 humbucker treble pickup. This pickup configuration is paired with a 5-way blade switch. The swamp ash body is designed to provide "clear bell-like highs, pronounced mids, and strong lows," and the bolt-on neck is sealed.
This run of instruments is comprised of five multi-foil colors: Aqua-Foil, Desert-Foil, Franken-Foil, Happy-Foil, and Solar-Foil.
- Specs: Swamp Ash body, 22-fret, 25” scale length rock maple neck and maple fretboard with bird inlays, Phase III tuners, and PRS tremolo
- Neck Profile: Pattern Regular
- Electronics: 57/08 treble humbucker with Narrowfield middle and bass pickups. One volume and one tone push/pull tone control with 5-way blade pickup selector
- Aqua-Foil, Desert-Foil, Franken-Foil, Happy-Foil, and Solar-Foil
For more information: www.prsguitars.com
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!