Forty Swamp Ash Studio Multi-Foil guitars were made for Experience PRS 2012.
A metallic color coat that is blotted to give each finish individual character was used. In 1985, PRS made a small number of guitars with painted pinstripes dubbed “metal guitars.” The second generation in this theme, made in the later 1980’s, used a metallic color coat and was dubbed “Multi-Metal.”
The Swamp Ash Studio is an updated take on a single-single-hum guitar with PRS’s Narrowfield pickups in the middle and bass positions and a 57/08 humbucker treble pickup. This pickup configuration is paired with a 5-way blade switch. The swamp ash body is designed to provide "clear bell-like highs, pronounced mids, and strong lows," and the bolt-on neck is sealed.
This run of instruments is comprised of five multi-foil colors: Aqua-Foil, Desert-Foil, Franken-Foil, Happy-Foil, and Solar-Foil.
- Specs: Swamp Ash body, 22-fret, 25” scale length rock maple neck and maple fretboard with bird inlays, Phase III tuners, and PRS tremolo
- Neck Profile: Pattern Regular
- Electronics: 57/08 treble humbucker with Narrowfield middle and bass pickups. One volume and one tone push/pull tone control with 5-way blade pickup selector
- Aqua-Foil, Desert-Foil, Franken-Foil, Happy-Foil, and Solar-Foil
For more information: www.prsguitars.com
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.