Native Instruments Evolve Mutations
Native Instruments Evolve Mutations
Luneral Luneral
Published on 04/12/10 at 11:20
Receipt of Evolve Mutations can be done in two ways via the Native Instruments website: either download link or by DVD. Standard delivery is free via DVD.

Personally, after being seduced by the sound examples on the site, I have not had the courage to wait for delivery. So I bought the download (note that DVD or connection is the same price), I received immediately after payment. Once downloaded, unzip the file is 2GB, and some are installed and activated via license received in our inbox.
As simple as that! After, that is happiness.

Note: you need the Kontakt Player 4 (Free) to use Evolve mutations.

Otherwise, no inconsistency. Just one small problem: the manual is in English. Damage.

I turn a PC with 2.3 GHz Dual Core and 2GB RAM. I use Evolve Mutations via Kontakt Player VSTi 4 Cubase LE 4. It's very stable, no problems on that side.

I use this virtual instrument for about a week, and even after 3 full days to compose a soundtrack for over serious, I have not even explored a quarter of its possibilities! And that I love.

This instrument is perfect for soundtracks typed science fiction, horror, suspense ... But can also adapt to any style of music. Pressing three keys in rhythm and bam, in the teeth! It was a wonderful adrenaline rush listening to the sound that it sends.
It is a very inspiring instrument, I think. You can push the composition further research, but if you do not want to tread, there's no need that to get a sound slap, though murky, cold, great.

Sounds Evolve Mutations fit extremely well in a mix. In the compositions that I made exclusively, I have not needed to touch (except for a small compression / limiting export front, of course). But otherwise, no editing the EQ, no further delay, no filter, nothing. The sound is perfect directly to my ears!
However, for those who want a more desired, more "unique", we can easily tamper with the settings of the same VSTi.
Side of the instrument, Evolve Mutations organized into 4 parts:
1) Rhythmic Suites
Contains two subfolders: "Percussive" for drum loops, and "Tone" to the melodic loops.
2 - Percussive Kits
Contains 5 NKI percussion. A percussion note.
3 - Stings and Transitions
Contains 16 transitions like "suspense ... BOOH!".
4 - Tonality and FX
Contains two subfolders: "Melodic" for instruments, and "Pads and FX" for ... Pads and special effects, as you'll understand. The first, Melodic, contains 27 instruments (guitars, Others, Piano and Synth). The second, pads and FX, contains 21 (FX, "Tone" and "atonal").

Finally, Evolve Mutations also has 5 loops in the category Multi.

Note that each instrument has three capital letters before his name for the classification (POL Piano Loops LPS, GTR Guitar, Syth for SYN, etc. ...).
For me, there are only more in this virtual instrument. The least I could only blame him is purely a lack of melodic sounds. But hey, we can not have it either, especially as each sound is editable!
The quality / price is just amazing. For 99 €, I find myself with a sick sound, everything is ready, with a hallucinatory quality. It is so beautiful that I have nothing to edit. The loops are excellent and very inspiring. You press a key, then another, and say "Oh, that, that would sound nickel for this scene with a little melody on top." For example.

I would do if this election with experience? And how! This instrument will revolutionize my music, my designs and even the way I compose. When I have reached the limits, I'll buy Evolve Mutations 2, who seems equally excellent.
If you want a little more sound examples than those presented on the site, I invite you to listen to my creations, made entirely with Evolve mutations. It is here: http://www.urbanrevolution.fr/ost/
And if you want to hear the report on voices, sound effects and atmospheres, the category "Download" is for you;)
I recommend really! 10/10