Line 6 Spider IV 120
Line 6 Spider IV 120
iamqman iamqman

« Just junk »

Publié le 04/29/11 à 10:15
Let me start by saying how much I loath solid state amps and how much I can't stand amp modeling. This amp continues to give me very little doubt about the amp modeling world. Line 6 are definitely the leaders in the amp modeling world but to be honest most of their tones from the recreated amps just don't sound very good.

This thing is an over price too loud piece of junk. This is basically the same amp as the other versions just rated at 120 watts. I am a fan of Line 6 and by no means is this review out of anything against them but these amps are just garbage. This amp is rated at 120 watts, which is a really loud amplifier and 120 watts of poor sterile tone. Nothing that I have heard from Line 6 as far as amps sounds has ever sounded good to my ears.

Line 6 Spider IV 120 120W 2x10 Guitar Combo Amp Features:

* 120 watts (stereo)
* 2x10" Celestion Custom speakers; Three-quarter closed-back cabinet for a tight, snappy response
* 500+ presets: 300+ hand-crafted presets from 50 world-famous bands and guitarists, almost 200 dialed in presets inspired by the best guitar songs of all time, up to 64 user-created presets
* Artist-created presets hand-crafted by Johnny Marr, Slipknot, Pete Anderson, 311, Meshuggah, Lacuna Coil, As I Lay Dying, Steve Stevens, The Donnas, Minus the Bear, and 40 more guitarists and bands
* Song-based presets inspired by the tones of Master of Puppets, Back in Black, Whole Lotta Love, Daytripper, Toxicity, Purple Haze, Head Like a Hole, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Crazy Train, and almost 200 more
* 16 exceptional amp models that exhibit sophisticated touch response, complex distortions, and compression that breathes like it's emanating from a vintage tube amp. (Line 6 modeling is often imitated, but never duplicated.)
* Up to 8 effects at once with FBV MkII. 20 Smart FX (up to 4 at once) including Smart Harmony and Pitch Glide plus echoes, mods, reverbs, tremolos, delays, and more; Additional effects include Quick Loop, Noise Gate, and Boost; Edit all effects up to 7 parameters deep
* Bass, Mid and Treble knobs behave like the EQ controls from each modeled amp; Drive knob; Channel volume; Master volume; Manual Mode
* 1/4-inch input; 1/4-inch headphone/direct output; two 1/4-inch speaker outputs; 1/8-inch CD/MP3 input; FBV jack; Built-in chromatic tuner
* Line 6 FBV MkII foot controllers (not included) feature a foot pedal for wah, volume and pitch-shift control; tap tempo; chromatic tuner display; channel switching; USB connectivity for receiving amplifier updates and upgrades; more

This is just a waste in my opinion. I like the way their effects sound and the way that their software is set up much like a real guitar rig, but the distortions and amp models are horrible! To me it doesn't matter what guitar you use with this thing it is going to sound nothing like the amps they are trying to recreate. If you must lay this amp then I would play it with a Gibson Les Paul or something with mahogany for the wood. Something dark and bold that will give some thickness to the tone of this amp.

The amp sounds thin and sterile much like a stomp box overdrive or distortion pedal would sound like. You can hear and feel the digital process in the tone. This amp has no soul and no tone what so ever. It is a complete waste of resources.

If you want a mp modeler that has effects built in as well then go with one of the other Line 6 amps that Reinhold Bogner helped out with. They actually have a good usable distortion tone. No wonder they went out an found a pro to do the dirty channels.

At new these amps come in at around $400. A bit steep for a trash sounding amplifier. I wouldn't recommend this amp to anyone. It doesn't sound good and you won't get anyone worth his salt to record it.