PSP Audioware VintageWarmer 2
PSP Audioware VintageWarmer 2
Lsan Lsan
Published on 04/04/03 at 10:04
Transparent installation, no setup problems. The manual is clear, it explains the use of each of the controls. The software comes with lots of good presets that can be used right away to find your personal sound.

PERFORMANCE

I use a PC, P2 350 with 384 mb ram, which is pretty old for current standards, with Logic Audio Gold 4.8.1 and Wavelab: No issues whatsoever.
In terms of performance, it's a bit resource-intensive, I can only use one when mixing with Logic. Hence I use it for pre-mixes as soon as I have more then 20 audio tracks, EQs, compressors, and two reverbs, so no surprises in that respect. With a more modern setup, you should be able to use it on several tracks without a sweat.
So, considering this limitation, I have a good stability.
As far as Wavelab is concerned, it's more of a coloration and mastering tool, so no problemo...

I just bought it after having abused the demo, especially to give some warmth to vocals. The sound is awesome, I no longer have to pass my recordings through a tape recorder, it's very effective!
I tested Steinberg's tape recorder, but it sounds like a toy compared to the PSP, it's cold an aggressive: It seems they wanted to emulate a distortion...besides, I think it's more resource-intensive.
So, for a similar price, the Vintage Warmer gives you better quality and delicacy for mixing and pre-mastering: It's amazing!

Bottom line, I haven't found anything better in its genre and, even if it's new, I feel I won't be able to do without it.