IK Multimedia T-RackS 3 Deluxe
IK Multimedia T-RackS 3 Deluxe
yoTrakkz yoTrakkz

« great for mastering »

Published on 10/06/11 at 21:24
I've been working very hard at "mastering" the mastering thing for about four years now and have gained enough ability to get some of my stuff passed on to national pro sound libraries. After slowly learning the basics of the trade using a wide variety of high quality (e.g., Waves) and some not-so-high quality plug-ins,

Although I have only had it a very short time, I am truly amazed by the difference it makes to my mixes. I have a Tascam 2488 24 track and quite a lot of new and vintage outboard gear. The T-Racks mastering software has given my mixes the polish and dynamics that I could never achieve before without outsourcing my mixes to a mastering house (and paying big bucks). The presets in T-racks are amazing and are a great place to get started but you can easily tweak any of the presets and save them for future use by just renaming them. The parameters of each module are highly responsive. The “Compare” button allows you to instantly A/B the mastered sound with the original while the track is playing. One nice feature is the ability to load up to four different presets at one time by simply assigning various presets to the A B C D buttons on the interface. This allows you to compare any of four different mixes (plus compare any of them to the original track) by just clicking on each button while the track is playing. Imagine four mixes to listen to and tweak without stopping to load a new setting. The sounds of the compressors and limiters are excellent and the EQ modules are very responsive with great usable graphics.

Overall, You can go for and get just about any final mix, from big-wide-huge-crunchy to intimate and crystal clear, or anywhere in between with this.