McDSP Software Packs Shipping
McDSP have announced they are now shipping the new Retro Pack plug-in line, Emerald Pack 4.0, Channel G Surround and Channel G Compact.
The Retro Pack bundle includes the 4020 Retro EQ, the 4030 Retro Compressor and the 4040 Retro Limiter.
Plug-ins Included in Retro Pack Bundle:
The 4020 Retro EQ is a four-band EQ and complimentary filter set. The HF and LF bands are shelving EQ, with two additional parametric EQs at the HMF and LMF bands.
The 4030 Retro Compressor is a new dynamic range control topology coupled with a wet/dry mix control to balance compressed and uncompressed signals. An active attack and release design allows "aggressive compression settings with minimal artifact generation," according to McDSP.
The 4040 Retro Limiter combines a look-ahead brick wall limiter function with several subjective treatments.
Emerald Pack 4.0:
Emerald Pack 4.0 includes the new Channel G Compact plug-in. Emerald Pack 4.0 will also include existing products; Analog Channel, Channel G, Chrome Tone, CompressorBank, DE555, FilterBank, FutzBox, MC2000, ML4000, NF575, Revolver and Synthesizer One.
Channel G Compact:
Channel G Compact is designed to deliver the same sonic experience as Channel G with a smaller DSP footprint. Channel G Compact features calibration modes for music, post production, and models of analog mixing desks.
The Channel G Compact user interface is designed to integrate with the Digidesign D-Control and D-Command control surfaces, as well as the Venue D-Show and Profile live sound consoles.
- Channel G Compact HD is available individually and as an upgrade to Emerald Pack 4.0.
- Channel G Compact HD is available for $495, and Channel G Compact Native is available for $295.
- Existing Emerald Pack 3.0 customers can upgrade to Emerald Pack 4.0, which adds Channel G Compact, for $195 for HD customers and $95 for Native customers.
- The McDSP HD line supports TDM, RTAS and Audiosuite formats and the Native line supports RTAS and Audiosuite formats.
- Channel G Compact will be sold only as an electronic purchase.
Channel G Surround
Channel G Surround is a Compressor/Limiter optimized for 5.1 channels using 4 compressor sets — LR, C, LsRs, and LFE. The Channel G Surround compressor sets can key from any combination of the LR, C, LsRs, and LFE channels. Individual compressor controls can be linked across various surround channels, and the LFE channel includes an optional low pass filter.
Channel G Surround is designed to integrate with the Digidesign D-Control and D-Command control surfaces.
- Channel G Surround is available for $495.
- Channel G Surround will not be included in the Emerald Pack bundle.
- Emerald Pack HD 4.0 customers will be eligible to purchase Channel G Surround for $295.
- Channel G Surround supports TDM, RTAS and Audiosuite.
- Channel G Surround will only be sold electronically.
More info on the McDSP website: www.mcdsp.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Virsyn Presents FDELAY - The Rhythmiser Virsyn is happy has announce the release of FDELAY - The Rhythmiser.
- Soundtrack Loops Cinematic Synth Kit For Beatmaker Cinematic Synths is a collection of 4 separate beatpacks with 64 loops for Ambient, Glitch, Downtempo, Chillout, Trip Hop, Hip Hop, and Film Score.
- Plugsound Box Included in Muse Receptor Muse Research, Inc. has announced that they will include the USB Plugsound Box collection (Univers Sons / Ultimate Sound Bank of Paris, France) with their Receptor 2 hardware plug-in player.