[NAMM] Blackstar HT-Metal
Blackstar has unveiled a new all-valve pedal aimed at high-gain metal players.
Blackstar's new HT-Metal valve pedal is described as a "no-compromise, two channel, ultra high gain, filth machine."
As with other pedals in the series (HT-Boost, HT-Drive, HT-Dist, HT-Distx and HT-Dual), the HT-Metal is powered by a 300 Volt H.T. valve circuit.
The two cascaded ECC83 triode stages are designed to give more extreme gain and each ultra-high gain channel has its own gain and volume controls. Channel 1 is also equipped with a Clean/Overdrive switch so the pedal can be used for clean, overdrive, or high gain.
The three-band EQ (Bass, Middle, Treble) includes Blackstar's ISF (Infinite Shape Feature) control, which is designed to re-voice the entire tone stack from British Heavy Metal to US High Gain.
Housed in a metal case, the HT-Metal features a buffered bypass for silent switching. There are two outputs. The first is designed to connect to an amplifier or to the guitarist's other pedals. The second is a new benchmark design, speaker emulated output allowing the guitarist to get valve (tube) tones to disk or tape.
- Valve design
- Operates at 300V HT
- Cascaded valve gain stages
- Responds like a valve amp
- 2 channel operation
- Clean, Overdrive & super high gain Lead modes
- Special enhanced tone controls
- Infinite Shape Feature (ISF)
- Speaker emulated output
- Buffered bypass
- Power supply included
- Silent Switching
Check out Blackstar for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Video Orange Amps [Terror Series] Micro Terror @NAMM Video Orange Amps [Terror Series] Micro Terror @NAMM
- Video Bugera [Modern Series] 333XL @NAMM Video Bugera [Modern Series] 333XL @NAMM
- [NAMM] Ampeg Heritage R-12R Reverberocket Ampeg extends its Heritage Series with the announcement of the Heritage R-12R Reverberocket tube guitar combo.