RNDigital Presents FIREQ & FIREQ LE
FIREQ is a 1/6th octave stereo Finite Impulse Response (FIR) mastering equalizer with linear phase characteristics.
Its results are without non-linear phase shift or smearing of your audio. Improvements over RNDigital's Frequal-izer (that it replaces) include 62 EQ bands with gain/reduction of +/- 27 Db per band-for precise frequency tailoring, an overall output gain/reduction range of +/- 24Db, and a larger, easy to read interface, according to RNDigital.
- Linear phase mastering EQ.
- 62 Bands.
- +/- 27 db cut and boost.
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz.
- Spectrum Matching.
- Automation support (using States).
- Work with each channel individually.
- Four channel linking modes:
o Lock - edit the left and right together.
o Weak - edits to one channel cause a similar change on other.
o Strong - edits to one channel cause identical change on other.
o None - no relationship between channels.
o Reverse - edits to one channel cause a reverse effect on the other (used with Weak or Strong).
- Dynamically change the width of an EQ curve.
- Output peak hold meters with clip indicators.
- Output trim fader with +/- 24 dB boost/cut.
- Altivec/Velocity engine optimizations.
- Built-in spectrum analyzer (with pause).
- States overview display.
- Draw EQ curve freehand or by dragging one of fifty control points.
- Large, customizable frequency response display:
o Show input/output, both or neither; turn control points off/on.
o Show/hide inactive channel.
- Control coupling display to visualize and select how changes to one control point will affect nearby points.
- History slider to easily browse and compare prior EQs.
- Curve smooth slider.
- Curve scale slider.
- Shift entire EQ curve in frequency or gain.
- Curve invert.
- Clear/zero an EQ.
- Zoom in to +/- 8dB.
- Integrated SAVE and LOAD.
- Two workspaces.
- Copy settings to other workspace or completely clear them.
- Plug-In formats supported:
o Mac OS X Power PC and Intel: VST, Audio Unit (AU), RTAS.
o Windows Vista and XP: VST, RTAS.
FIREQ LE is a 1/3rd octave stereo finite impulse response (FIR) mastering equalizer with linear phase characteristics. This new equalizer from RNDigital incorporates the same filter characteristics of FIREQ, but does not allow for spectral matching or the use of states.
The layout of the FIREQ LE includes 31eq bands with gain/reduction of +/- 27 Db per band, freehand curve drawing, extensive history, left/right channel linking and editing, a detailed customizable spectral display, two workspaces and an overall output gain/reduction range of +/- 24Db.
Pricing & Availability
Both products are now available as downloads from RNDigital web site. FIREQ costs $249, FIREQ LE $129.
Owners of Frequal-izer get FIREQ for free.
Presets saved and loaded from Frequal-izer into FIREQ will be offset due to the increase in control points.
Both plug-ins are available for Mac OS X (10.2+), Windows XP and Vista in VST, AU and RTAS formats.
For more info, check out www.rndigital.org.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] "What's New In Pro Tools 8?" Groovebox announced the availability of What's New in Pro Tools 8 video training tutorials.
- [NAMM] Karma Lab M50 Software KarmaDeveloper Stephen Kay has now made it possible for M50 owners to have the same Karma functionality as the Korg M3 and OASYS, with the release of Karma M50 Software for the Korg M50.
- Livid Ohm Package Giveaway Livid are giving away a Special Edition Ohm package.