Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
Images
1/3
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum

Thread Connecting dynamic microphone to Audigy 2 soundcard???

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Connecting dynamic microphone to Audigy 2 soundcard???
[color=darkred]Hi guys,

Being new here and after looking around for quite some time, I haven't found the answer on my questions. I hope someone is able to help me.

I do have a computer with an Audigy 2 (not an ZS, not an Platinum, not with the extra Audigy Drive, no just the plain Audigy 2).

I also do have a dynamic microphone Shure SM48.

I would like to connect these two, without spending any money, as this will not be possible at the very moment. The only things I have is several connectors, wires, a soldering iron and more of this simple stuff.

I know the microphone is balanced: 2 signal wires + groung, while the analog microphone input of the Audigy 2 have only 1 signal wire + ground.

Is it possible to tie one signal wire of the microphone to ground and then connect it to the input of the Audigy card?

Furthermore, I assume I have to set the boost on in the sound card to get an extra +20dB. Is that correct.

Please let me know if this is ok, as I don't want to blow up any of the two (micro, nor sound card).

Many thanks,

Cheers,
JGJ[/color]

Quote: Is it possible to tie one signal wire of the microphone to ground and then connect it to the input of the Audigy card?

Yes!

Use either figure 3 or 5.

Set the boost to on. If there is a phantom power for electret mics leave it off.
Thank You! :D

I'm gonna try this.

cheers,
JGJ