Add this product to
  • Mon ancien matos
  • My current gear
  • Mon futur matos
M-Audio Delta 1010
Images
1/193
M-Audio Delta 1010

PCI/ISA + Rack Soundcard from M-Audio belonging to the Delta series.

Thread M-Audio 1010 and EMU 1820 in same machine

Light mode
  • 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
evadkadus

evadkadus

2 posts
New AFfiliate
Premier post
1 Posted on 10/04/2006 at 07:16:21
Can anyone tell me if it's possible or if they've had success running an M-Audio Delta and an EMU 1820 together in the same machine? I'll be using Sonar. I'd like to use both cards for 16 tracks. I know there may be some sync issues, but what about driver problems. Any thoughts?
KitC

KitC

243 posts
AFfinity Poster
2 Posted on 10/04/2006 at 11:41:49
The only way you can use both cards together is by using WDM drivers. Unfortunately, the Emu only allows 2 channel input when using WDM; you can only access the full 18 inputs when using ASIO. You could try adding an ADAT interface to the 1820m to increase analog inputs to 16 channels. Devices such as the Behringer ADA8000 or Presonus Digimax LT can be used with the Emu's ADAT optical ports to increase I/O.

FWIW, I'm using my 1820m in conjunction with a Yamaha DSP Factory and they can work nicely side by side. But I prefer the sound of the Emu.
evadkadus

evadkadus

2 posts
New AFfiliate
3 Posted on 10/06/2006 at 06:33:18
Thanks for the response Kit. Tell me though why can't you use the ASIO drivers for both cards? Not possible? I think I'll get the Behringer anyway they are pretty inexpensive and most ppl say they have decent preamps. I guess I'll need to sell the M-Audio if I can't use it together with the EMU.
KitC

KitC

243 posts
AFfinity Poster
4 Posted on 10/08/2006 at 00:21:14

%1$s a écrit Thanks for the response Kit. Tell me though why can't you use the ASIO drivers for both cards? Not possible?

It's a limitation of asio itself. To ensure perfect sync, they made it that the asio drivers can only address one device at a time - something to do with the differences in each card's onboard clocks. I think the M-Audio Delta-series cards access the same asio driver so you can have multiple Delta's like the 1010 and 66 (or whatever combination of the 1010, 66 and 44) in one pc and they will all sync properly. This only goes for pci devices; you cannot mix firewire and usb M-Audio products and get them to access the same driver.
cookies

We are using cookies!

Yes, Audiofanzine is using cookies. Since the last thing that we want is disturbing your diet with too much fat or too much sugar, you'll be glad to learn that we made them ourselves with fresh, organic and fair ingredients, and with a perfect nutritional balance. What this means is that the data we store in them is used to enhance your use of our website as well as improve your user experience on our pages (learn more). To configure your cookie preferences, click here.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies

Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.

Website preferences

We store your preferences so that you do not have to re-enter them every time your come back (forums options, dark or light theme, classifieds filter, standard or buzz news, newsletters popups...).

This one makes sure you don't have to re-enter your credentials every time you visit Audiofanzine.

Analytics

This data allows us to understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :)

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies

Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.

Website preferences

We store your preferences so that you do not have to re-enter them every time your come back (forums options, dark or light theme, classifieds filter, standard or buzz news, newsletters popups...).

This one makes sure you don't have to re-enter your credentials every time you visit Audiofanzine.

Analytics

This data allows us to understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :)

You can find more details on data protection in our privacy policy.