1/210
M-Audio Delta 1010

PCI/ISA + Rack Soundcard from M-Audio belonging to the Delta series

Thread M-Audio 1010 and EMU 1820 in same machine

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 M-Audio 1010 and EMU 1820 in same machine
Can anyone tell me if it's possible or if they've had success running an M-Audio Delta and an EMU 1820 together in the same machine? I'll be using Sonar. I'd like to use both cards for 16 tracks. I know there may be some sync issues, but what about driver problems. Any thoughts?
The only way you can use both cards together is by using WDM drivers. Unfortunately, the Emu only allows 2 channel input when using WDM; you can only access the full 18 inputs when using ASIO. You could try adding an ADAT interface to the 1820m to increase analog inputs to 16 channels. Devices such as the Behringer ADA8000 or Presonus Digimax LT can be used with the Emu's ADAT optical ports to increase I/O.

FWIW, I'm using my 1820m in conjunction with a Yamaha DSP Factory and they can work nicely side by side. But I prefer the sound of the Emu.
Thanks for the response Kit. Tell me though why can't you use the ASIO drivers for both cards? Not possible? I think I'll get the Behringer anyway they are pretty inexpensive and most ppl say they have decent preamps. I guess I'll need to sell the M-Audio if I can't use it together with the EMU.

%1$s a écrit Thanks for the response Kit. Tell me though why can't you use the ASIO drivers for both cards? Not possible?

It's a limitation of asio itself. To ensure perfect sync, they made it that the asio drivers can only address one device at a time - something to do with the differences in each card's onboard clocks. I think the M-Audio Delta-series cards access the same asio driver so you can have multiple Delta's like the 1010 and 66 (or whatever combination of the 1010, 66 and 44) in one pc and they will all sync properly. This only goes for pci devices; you cannot mix firewire and usb M-Audio products and get them to access the same driver.