Antares Systems Auto-Tune 7
Antares Audio Technologies has announced the release of Auto-Tune 7, the next generation of the professional pitch correction software.
Like previous versions of Auto-Tune, Auto-Tune 7 provides the ability to correct the pitch of a voice or solo instrument in real time. It is also the ideal tool of choice for creating the iconic Auto-Tune Vocal Effect (the Cher/T-Pain-style effect).
The main addition to Auto-Tune 7 is its new time correction and manipulation system. Integrated into the Graphical Mode interface, Auto-Tune 7's time control capabilities are designed to allow users to edit the timing of their vocals along with their pitch.
Auto-Tune 7 also features the second generation of Antares' Evo Voice Processing Technology, designed to offer more natural pitch shifting and throat modeling, the ability to use MIDI to define target notes in Graphical Mode, as well as time-saving workflow enhancements.
Key New Auto-Tune 7 features include:
- Integrated time correction and manipulation: Auto-Tune 7's time control capabilities combine a high-quality time shifting algorithm with an intuitive user interface designed to make it quick and easy to correct timing errors or exercise your creative imagination. Auto-Tune 7's time manipulation functions include the ability to move a point in time within a selected range as well as move a range in time within a larger range. The nondestructive time functions have their own Undo/Redo controls independent of the pitch correction controls and an Enable button that allows users to instantly switch between their original audio and their time shifted audio.
- Evo Voice Processing Technology: In 2008, Auto-Tune Evo introduced Antares' Evo Voice Processing Technology for pitch detection, pitch shifting, and formant processing. In the intervening years, Evo Voice Processing Technology has been integrated into Antares' full line of vocal processing tools. Now, with Auto-Tune 7, Antares is introducing the second generation of Evo Voice Processing Technology, offering even more natural pitch shifting and throat modeling over a wider transposition range.
- Create target notes from MIDI in Graphical Mode: When tracking pitch in Graphical Mode, Auto-Tune 7 will record any MIDI note information routed to it (either from another MIDI track or live from a MIDI controller) and (optionally) display the data on the Pitch Graph Display. One can then use the new Make Notes From MIDI function to convert the MIDI information into Note Correction Objects. Perfect for fine-tuning the Auto-Tune Vocal Effect or even completely redefining melodies.
- Adjust Throat Length on an individual correction object basis: To give users maximum control over the timbre of their vocal tracks, Throat Length Adjustment is now an independent property of each individual correction object (Curve, Line or Note). While the overall Throat Length is still set by the master Throat Length knob, each correction object can have its own independent adjustment (either longer or shorter) as desired.
- Enhanced Amplitude Envelope Display: Whenever time control is enabled, the Amplitude Envelope Display will display both the original audio and the time-shifted audio, updating in real time as edits are made. So users will always be able to see at a glance the results of their time edits relative to the original audio.
- Enhanced Graphical Mode Adjust Vibrato function: Auto-Tune 7's new Adjust Vibrato let's users modify the depth of any natural vibrato in their original performance. And since it is additive, acting on any already existing correction object, they are free to work on pitch correction and vibrato adjustment in any order desired.
- Amplitude envelope in the graphical editing window: A display of the tracked audio's amplitude envelope now appears as a background element in the graphical editing window. While its primary function is to help make precise selections for time shifting, since it is always visible in the center of the window, it provides a helpful indication of the presence of tracked audio, even if that audio is currently beyond the upper or lower boundaries of the window.
- Expanded keyboard shortcuts: Auto-Tune 7's Key Binding system has been expanded to allow custom keyboard access to the new time manipulation tools and controls.
- Smooth continuous scrolling of graphical audio data: With Auto Scroll enabled in Graphical Mode, the graphical data will scroll smoothly across the screen during playback, maintaining the currently playing audio at the vertical center of the window.
- The option to display the graphical timeline in bars and beats: Primarily designed as reference for time manipulation, users can now display the graphical timeline in either absolute time or as bars and beats relative to your project's tempo.
- Increased vertical zoom range in Graphical Mode: For ease of extremely precise pitch editing, one can now zoom all the way in to the one-cent-per-pixel level.
Pricing & Availability
Auto-Tune 7 is available now for RTAS (Mac OSX and PC), VST (Mac OSX and PC) and Audio Units (Mac OS X) at a U.S. MSRP of $399.00. TDM versions for Mac and PC will be available in November for an MSRP of $649.00 . All Macintosh versions are universal binaries.
Upgrades to Auto-Tune 7 are available for purchase and download by current registered Auto-Tune owners.