or
Create an account

or

Thread What is your favorite "all in one" virtual studio?

• 58 replies
  • 54 participants
  • 2 followers
1 What is your favorite "all in one" virtual studio?
I add this poll to help people in choosing between the different available software.
Show first post
i use both Reason and FL studio ,,, and is makes a really good combination i think that you have to try it.................
Conducting this poll without Nuendo included is like a Sports-Car poll without Ferrari included. ASIO. VST. Do these ring a bell? Steinberg is to thank for both! Nuendo puts an "endo" to my search for anything better (yes, I've tried some of the other choices.)
My 2 cents worth...
i'm really new with this stuff. Actually I'm using FL but i'm sure there has to be one better... jeje ... i'm pretty satisfied though...

i wanna try reason.
Well, you guys are all talking gibberish to me....lol. But that's why I'm here...to learn. Just joined today, and can't wait to soak all the information in. Want to by good software for recording my voice and guitar, but which will also be able to insert drum beats, and different instrument sounds (particularly strings) without having to have a degree to be able to use it. Is this too much to ask?....lol :shock:

Look forward to getting to know you all over time.....

Ciao...Michaela :D
I am currently running Digital Performer 4.12 on my G5 right now and i find it to be one of the best programs out there, i have also combined Reason 2.5 through rewire with DP 4.12 and together they are quite powerfull for what i need to do right now. although it seems quite powerfull i will be purchasing a PC with only the OS on it and gigastudio installed and i'll be using it as a hardware sampler and patch it in through my mac into my sequencer. as for the other selections i have tried some read about the others and to be honest i'm not that impressed with it really. but to each their own, i'm not knocking on anyones selections i need what i need for the films i score thats all. but some are good for begining to learn sequencers. I also tried Nuendo out and if i wasnt an audio engineer it would be like flying an airplane to figure all that stuff out on it but that again is my opinion. i'm sticking with what i got cause i think its the best for me, and thats basically what it comes down to, you use the seqeuncer that is best for you and for the things you wanna do. anyways sorry for the long note here but i thought i would voice my opinion.
I have to say first that I don't use any kind of midi.
I've been trying almost everything and one which best fit my requirements is FLStudio.
As a drum machine is nearly perfect. What's more, supports VST and you can record form external sources as well.
It's quite easy to manage, especially if you have already dealt with sequencers/drum machines.
I like cakewalk studio cause it's powerfull and complete. I think you can't chose the same kind of program if you need only one to mix tracks or to record your own music (audio and midi files).
I use FL Studio to create the drums and some synth sounds and effects, then I use Cakewalk Home Studio and/or Cubase record vocals, guitar, bass and some keyboards... sometimes I record on one of them (Cakewalk/Cubase) and then add effects and EQ on another one... For loops I use ACID, for some adjustments to minor sounds sometimes I use come Sound Froge, hehehehe.....
What would be my favourite then? hehehe...
I love to work with FL Studio, but I can't record my vocals, my guitar and bass on it... so, I don't know, hehe

DB
Hi,
i just wanted to know what Reason has that makes it so much better than the others...
How about Cubase SX and Sonar and Nuendo?

How they compare to the options posted here?

BTW, I use a TASCAM US-122 with a Windows 2000 machine.

Thanks, I'm new around here... :-)

Henrique
Well Reason is a very complete softsynth studio. You can run dozens of synth modules along with all the needed effects and not bog down your cpu. And if you're into modular synths its great. If you are not into plugging audio patch cords look elsewhere or live with the automatic routing. You can also patch cv routings and all the front panel knobs can be automated. The program is VERY stable and has never crashed on me. (Mac OS X version)

Of course there is some stuff lacking like audio inputs and midi outputs. So it works well ReWired to Pro Tools and similar audio/midi recording/sequencing programs.

There is a demo version available at https://www.propellerheads.se