or
Create an account

or

Thread What is your favorite "all in one" virtual studio?

• 58 replies
  • 54 participants
  • 2 followers
1 What is your favorite "all in one" virtual studio?
I add this poll to help people in choosing between the different available software.
i have never used any of them so i really dont know.
do they really enable you to write music and get diffrent instruments to play it for you?
I am using a copy of Cool Edit Pro (it was free) I like it. I haven't used these others and unless something happens to change my reasons, I likely won't use any of them in the near future.

Quote: i have never used any of them so i really dont know.
do they really enable you to write music and get diffrent instruments to play it for you?

Yes they do. Virtual studios are all-in-one solutions where instruments are generated by software in real-time (sound synthesis) or samples. Any sound can be generated from waveforms. Some people like them to be realistic, others don't bother. It's up to you ;)

Cheers

Red
okay thanks alot :)
I chose reason but Logic is my Fav.
Am just getting back into music production after a long gap and have started out with FL Studio 4. Seems okay for getting used to using plug-ins effects and creating synth sounds. Am currently working without MIDI. Was wondering which more commericially established Virtual studios also allow me to make music without any MIDI whilst I save for a decent controller and low latency soundcard?
Can anyone suggest some GOOD sources for hi-quality sounds for primarily making trance music. I am mainly stuggling for atmospheric effects. I mostly try and use soundfonts or synths as I cant stand a .WAV, MP3 being played at wrong pitch (most of the time), have managed to get a few sounds that i can start with, but could really do with some sounds to add more atmosphere and depth to my tunes........
thanx in advance!
I have never used any of these programs.
My favorite one is cubase sx. It's perfect for everything. Great sound,great effects, great virtual instruments.
Out of the choices, I'd say Acid, as I use that to record live instruments like keyboard, guitar and vocals. It doesn't let you create music on your own just from the software though, unless you consider remixing premade loops as "creating".

From the not listed group, I've been using different versions of FruityLoops for the last 4 years, and am quite fond of it as a sequencer. It doesn't allow to to record into it (well, it's supposed to in Producer edition, which I have, but it's less hassle to use Acid and load the WAV), but you can load, bent fold and mutilate any WAV file you feed it, and it accepts a good number of VST and DXi plugins. It also allows you to record real time knob changes, tempo shifts, pitch shifts, effect changes and more. It has really good software synths (SimSynth, DX10, WASP, Beepmap, 3osc and Soundfonts support). My vote is for FruityLoops as a sequencer, Acid as a recorder, and CoolEdit Pro as postproduction remastering tool.

Justin
http://endoftimeproductions.com