or
Create an account

or

Thread What is your favorite "all in one" virtual studio?

• 58 replies
  • 54 participants
  • 2 followers
1 What is your favorite "all in one" virtual studio?
I add this poll to help people in choosing between the different available software.
Show first post
Hi,

I just wanted to know what's the apps to make real drum tracks with the support of many rythms like triplets. (I know FL doesn't support triplet:()

tnx
I USE "ADOBE AUDITION" BECAUSE IS MUCH MORE SIMPLE THAN OTHER "VIRTUAL STUDIO RECORDERS".

I HAVE USE "REASON 2.5 AND FRUITY LOOP" TO MAKE BEATS.
Why isn't Cubase SX included in the poll?
It is not considered as a virtual Studio?
Is it lacking something?

Gregg
Reason as Standalone..........no way

Reason linked to Logic Audio.....Ahh much better
used dif thru the years but i was blown away by ABLETON LIVE 4. It is going to be one of my next buys oh that and NUENDO 3. REASON is up there with the best but the effects (in 2.5) a bit "wet".still could not live with out it.
OK, I'm using Acid Pro for recording live guitar and vocals. I am hoping that some of the more experienced folks here might steer me to something better?
thanks!
Give the Kristal Audio Engine a try....16 tracks, supports VST effects (but not DX or VSTi) and works very well.....and its free!:cool:
It has occurred to me that there are fewer years ahead than there are behind....

%1$s a écrit Reason as Standalone..........no way

Reason linked to Logic Audio.....Ahh much better

TOTALLY Agree!!!!.....Has anyone mentioned Pro Tools?

%1$s a écrit Well Reason is a very complete softsynth studio. You can run dozens of synth modules along with all the needed effects and not bog down your cpu. And if you're into modular synths its great. If you are not into plugging audio patch cords look elsewhere or live with the automatic routing. You can also patch cv routings and all the front panel knobs can be automated. The program is VERY stable and has never crashed on me. (Mac OS X version)

Of course there is some stuff lacking like audio inputs and midi outputs. So it works well ReWired to Pro Tools and similar audio/midi recording/sequencing programs.

There is a demo version available at https://www.propellerheads.se

Reason was meant to be used as a standalone MIDI platform...meaning it can receive MIDI controller messages but it neither serves as a MIDI "thru"-put nor a MIDI master "send" out controller. There is no tempo change programming (at least, not in 2.5 or earlier). I only use 2.5 currently ( I have 3.0) but haven't installed it yet because I wanted to exhaust the possibilities in 2.5 first and then install 3.0 as I'm sure I'd appreciate the new differences moreso ( I hope). Does anyone know if you can run two different versions simultaneously on the same system, whether PC or Mac? If I can install it without it overwriting 2.5 automatically regardless into which directory I set it to install (PC), then I'll do it! I'd rather not attempt it and find that I have to revert back to 2.5 through a re-install; however, if I can have both on my system and anyone can verify that this is possible (meaning you absolutely know this is possible, because one, you're currently doing it, or, two, you've seen someone else do it.) Thanks for any responses! :-)

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can change the time signature throughout a song. Does anyone here know for certain?
Tempo and Time Signature changes, however, do follow a master program if Reason is Rewired into ProTools or Logic; as far as any other program compatibility, I'm not certain. Don't have that extensive an experience yet with Audio Software, although I have used Cool Edit before at a friend's place, Before Reason, I had a lame program that was written for Win95 that you could at least make basic scores with up to 16 MIDI tracks. It's MIDI features were a little more complex than Reason, though, at least in area of tempo changing, time signature changing, and score editing. I think Sibelius or Finale are the way to go for those who want to notate music, although Logic can be used to some degree for that purpose. Oh well, just my 2 cents (anyone have change???). ;-)
Im new, Just learning and im usic logic and Kotakt2. Havent delved fully into the depths of Kontakt2 yet (using it as a plugin within logic).
As a beginner im finding logic is really userfriendly and its pretty easy to learn and navigate.

Anybody any thoughts on Kontakt2?