Create an account

or

Thread Basic Mixing Help

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Basic Mixing Help
Hey everyone,
I'm pretty new to this home recording thing. I have a few questions about how things work before i start buying gear.

I'm running Adobe Audition v2.0 on my laptop. It's got 1gig of RAM but my processor isn't great I know Celeron 2.8GHz. I've been running into some problems recently when recording through a PA into the mic jack. I think it might have something to do with the shitty integrated soundcard - Realtek AC97.

I've been looking into other soundcard options and there are some decent reviews about the Behringer Xenyx 1204, that comes with the UCA200. I have a couple questions about how that works. Assuming I can get it all set up and everything, will that gear let me separate different tracks, say two guitars and a mic into different channels on Audition? Would there be anything else I'd need? From reading other strings, it sounds like other people have been having some connection problems with the UCA200 and 202.

Maybe I'll start with that, but I can almost guarantee that I'll have some more questions once I hear from someone. Thanks!
~b
the UCA200 is a stereo in/stereo out interface.

this makes it capable of a maximum of 2 separate tracks in input.