Create an account

or

Thread [Getting started] Left, Right and Center

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 3 followers
1 [Getting started] Left, Right and Center
Left, Right and Center
As mentioned in the last installment, we'll start the rough mix by panning the different elements of the mix. To do that, I recommend you an incredibly effective game I discovered several years ago thanks to a sound engineer friend of mine. Romano, if you are reading these lines, thank you again for this find!

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
Quote:
In the next episode we'll finish with the rough mix by establishing the basic volume for each instrument.

We're on part 12 of this 'learn to mix' series. You're telling me it takes 13 parts before readers learn basic volume automation? :non:
Quote from pluginpusher:
Quote:
In the next episode we'll finish with the rough mix by establishing the basic volume for each instrument.

We're on part 12 of this 'learn to mix' series. You're telling me it takes 13 parts before readers learn basic volume automation? :non:

Volume automation is anything but basic. These days, too many newbs want to learn about mixing but don't have the attention span to learn what matters, so they look for some cure-all plug-in or workflow. The truth is, the 4d model and other references in this series are what you REALLY need to learn about mix. Above all, they stress the importance of an arrangement in a mix! Mixing isn't making a hodgepodge of instruments work together, it's optimizing the overall sound and balance.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series and appreciate what I've read so far
Cool. Glad you're finding it useful. :-)