Gibson SG '61 Reissue
Gibson SG '61 Reissue

SG-Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the SG series.

KirKill KirKill

2 tone and 2 volumes + 3-position selector
Vintage Tulip mechanical
easel Gibson Tune-O-matic and tailpiece Gibson Stopbar
Nickel fittings
Binding on the edge of the handle

I'll compare it to my Les Paul, even if it's not the same ...
The weight of the SG is a feather, thickness plays a lot, we gain comfort in the guitar is closer ergonomic level playing sitting body shape gives the impression that the handle up higher
The saddle still the same problem with the G string tune that has become the norm for Gibson
The big downside for me was an aspect triangle with base as the neck and body, the side perpendicular to the tailpiece and the strings down side problem found on the SG Standard and 61 RI defect or origin? the question remains open, suddenly it impact the action, there is less comfortable on touch and pick the report is not the same, the answer strings also feel there is a crossbow

Well then I'll be a little naughty, it lacks the side slim body and the absence of the maple top that necessarily impact the sound is raw stripped dry roots which ... funky plans come out terrible, lack clean presence, and drive is not the slap of the century, 57 are too classic for my taste comes in and accentuate the roots, I fired and replaced by Phat Cat P90 kind of Duncan and there is already better, I found more life and a more organic side of the guitar sounds and finally seems more music, after all it is very subjective I'm a fan of Rock 70s and j ' also love ACDC, Aerosmith, Guns N Roses .... but for the vintage marriage SG P90 + is more than the top 57 classic more comfortable on a Les Paul or ES ...

For any collector of Gibson SG is like the Les Paul, the ES, the Flyng V, Explorer, Firebird ... it's guitars that have marked the history of rock after there are models more valuable than others to test and know well are needed since it is not given, € 1499 is still Cheros. .. you can have a Les Paul at this price point, I took a shot of heart and it is true that the house there was a small disappointment but once it custom made micro sounds better, but I I always setting you I find it hard to refined despite the lowering of the Tune-o-matic adjustment of the handle, tension remains high and a little frizzy, I'm at the limit of my knowledge, suddenly I feel it will end in the luthier for planimetry, frets seem not equal to something new that makes the custom ...