< All Neumann KMS 105 reviews
Neumann KMS 105
sw80 sw80

« Live! »

Published on 12/16/12 at 00:03
The KMS105 is a great microphone to use for live situations, it is more on the higher priced side of microphones but it is well worth the money. It has very low noise and uses a super cardioided polar pattern. This microphone is intended to be used with vocals only and trying to use it on instruments will only make it come up short. The frequency range is great especially for live shows and it does a great job of not picking up other sounds and vocalist in the background.

Neumann came out with this microphone about 5 years ago and I have been using it since the day it came out. For the longest time this would be the only microphone that I would use for live show. Though I did not do many live shows at the time (2007) but any time that I did, I made sure this was the microphone that I was using.
Looking at this microphone will not make you think it is an expensive higher end microphone. It looks very basic and cheap by its plain black color and black mesh grill with a small diamond logo on it. That is the only thing that I don’t like about it. I feel that because it cost so much and it is a stage mic meaning a lot of people will be seeing it. It would have been nice for it to have a little more flare to it with maybe some or something that would make it pop and stand out on a bright stage. But if looks do not bother you then this microphone is pretty much perfect for the live musician. I have not tried to use it in a studio but I would think that it would not be as good as it is on a stage. This condenser rocks the stage!