Waves SSL E-Channel
The SSL E-Channel is designed to deliver the sound of the Solid State Logic 4000-series console and its Class A, VCA chip.
The E-Channel EQ section is based on the 1983 Black Knob equalizer, including a high-pass filter, low-pass filter, and a four-band parametric equalizer.
Its Dynamics section features a soft-knee compressor/limiter and an gate/expander, modeled on the SSL SL611E. It can be placed before or after the equalization section, and is designed to round out the chain with automatic makeup gain. As an insert on any instrument or vocal channel, the SSL E-Channel processor delivers a sound Waves describes as "clear, analog-warm, allowing for precise EQ tuning, thanks to very sharp Qs."
The SSL E-Channel is an channel strip said to offer "amazing mid-range clarity and punch" and to be easy to use.
- Its gate/expander uses 3 parameters. Set the threshold, range, and release, and you’re good to go.
- The E-Channel’s soft-knee compressor/limiter also offers 3 intuitive parameters: threshold, ratio, and release.
- Fast switch affects the compressor’s attack time, and supposedly sounds great on guitars.
- Automatic makeup gain is easy to tweak: Set the compressor to a slow attack and medium release times. When you apply hard compression with a high ratio, use the output fader to raise your output level.
SSL E-Channel is available in The SSL 4000 Collection,and The Studio Classics Collection.
For more info, visit www.waveslive.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Ueberschall 2 For 1 April Offer If you purchase an Ueberschall title in April, you can get an additional Ueberschall product of equal or lesser value for free.
- MystSonic Crystal Mirage This instrument patch is sampled from pure white crystal with different style mics separated by each L and R channels, according to MystSonic.
- 9 Soundware Thrash EXS24 Instruments Thrash by 9 Soundware is a set of instruments for the EXS24 sampler within Apple Logic Pro.