Universal Audio Cambridge EQ
The Cambridge EQ is an analog console-style which boasts five bands of switchable parametric or shelving EQ and two high and low pass filters, as well as other useful features.
It is described by UA as "the only UAD EQ that offers a graphical EQ response curve, so you can can hear and see your work."
Check out this video:
- Five bands of parametric or shelf EQ
- Low pass and high pass filters with seventeen filter slopes including 2nd-6th order Butterworth and elliptical filters as well as standard cut filters from 6-36db/octave.
- Graphical display of EQ curve with "bats" for adjusting the frequency bands directly on the EQ curve
- Analog-type filters use a proprietary algorithm, which avoids problems typical to digital EQs
- Filters work at high frequencies without oversampling
- Parametric section controls emulate popular high-end analog consoles
- Complex Lattice Filters provide smooth, analog-like sound
- Three types of resonant shelf--a peak at the edge of the stopband, a peak at edge of the passband, or both provide smooth, Pultec-like low end
- Two channels of EQ instantly accessible within one preset for quick A/B switching between two sounds via automation
- Three-step Zoom control on EQ graph for easy viewing of fine adjustments
For more, visit www.uaudio.com/products/software/cambridge/index.html.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Flux IRCAM Tools Available The IRCAM Tools products are said to express "the result of over twenty years of fundamental research within the realms of music related digital signal processing."
- Best Service Ethno World 5 In Ethno World 5 you will find over 240 ethnic instrument samples in the following categories: bowed instruments, stringed instruments, woodwind & brass, key instruments, bell type instruments, metal type instruments, world drums, world percussion, gongs & bowls, but also the new category of Voices & Choirs.
- Apogee Electronics Symphony I/O Apogee Electronics introduced Symphony I/O, a multi-channel audio interface available with Logic and Pro Tools compatibility and I/O flexibility.