[AES] Moon Professional 3500MP
At the San Francisco Audio Engineering Society (AES) conference, Simaudio started shipping their new “Moon 3500MP” Mic Preamp.
The new 3500MP is a solid-state two-channel mic preamp designed to deliver extreme detail, with an open and neutral sonic transparency, allowing the engineer to showcase the colorizations of their microphone choice instead of the preamp.
Highlights of the new ‘Moon 3500MP’ Microphone Preamp:
- 2 independent audio channels, each on separate printed circuit boards.
- AC-coupled and transformerless.
- Gain range of 8.0 to 66dB with -3.5dB of variable output trim.
- Metal film resistors and polypropylene film capacitors; No electrolytic capacitors in the signal path in non-phantom mode.
- Built-in Power supply using 2 ‘toroidal’ transformers (1 for the audio signal circuits; 1 for 48V phantom and control circuitry), housed in an isolated enclosure constructed from satin coated 14-gauge steel.
- 24-position gain potentiometers featuring gold-plated contacts and thin surface-mounted film resistors with 1% tolerances.
Visit www.moon-professional.com for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [AES] Firmware Rev 5 for Lynx Hilo Converter The latest firmware release for the Hilo Converter System from Lynx Studio Technology, Version 5, is set for release in late October.
- [AES] iZotope Tech in Blue Mics Tiki iZotope has partnered with Blue Microphones to develop Tiki, a USB microphone designed to mimic the intelligence of human hearing.
- Rycote ORTF Windshield Kit Rycote has announced a new Windshield Kit product, designed for stereo recording with a matched pair of microphones in an ORTF configuration.