2 New Universal Audio Plugins
Universal Audio has announced the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor and Precision K-Stereo Ambience Recovery plugins.
Both are designed for use with the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo Audio Interface.
Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor
The compressor used on recordings by Muse, Gnarls Barkley, Coldplay, John Mayer, Regina Spektor, and more. The Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor is designed to controll music dynamics in two stages — first with an Optical section, then with a Discrete (VCA) section. Both sections can be bypassed, providing a variety of compression sounds (Optical, Discrete, and combined).
Like the hardware version, the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor plug-in offers selection of three distinct output transformers (Nickel, Iron, and Steel) — taking the signal from "clean" to "colored" and "dirty" — as if selecting from the output stages of three distinct classic analog consoles.
- Emulation of the Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor.
- Created by Brainworx, developed for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform.
- Separate Optical and Discrete (VCA) dynamics sections for two-stage serial dynamics control.
- Transformer matrix switches between Nickel, Iron, and Steel output transformers — like selecting between 3 distinct vintage console outputs.
- 90Hz sidechain filtering for musical compression of low-frequency program material.
- VU meters provide Optical, Discrete, or Output gain views.
- Custom presets created by Shadow Hills founder and designer Peter Reardon.
Price: $299 US from UA's Online Store. Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor will be available as part of the upcoming UAD Software v6.3.2 release, scheduled for early November.
Precision K-Stereo Ambience Recovery
The K-Stereo Ambience Recovery plug-in extracts ambient cues from source recordings — allowing users to enhance the stereo depth and imaging of mixes without unnatural artifacts, according to Universal Audio. It is designed for 2-track mastering or post-production applications.
- Ambience recovery and stereo processing tool.
- Extracts ambient cues from the source material, adding depth and width to the stereo field.
- Designed for fixing busy or "narrow" mixes at the mastering stage.
- 3-band Ambience Filter EQ.
- Mid/Side gain controls available to adjust the center-to-side balance.
- Left/Right Gain controls for final stereo image balancing and leveling.
- Custom user presets created by Bob Katz.
Price: $199 US via UA's Online Store. Available as part of the upcoming UAD Software v6.3.2 release, scheduled for early November.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Guitar Pro 6 6-Day Special Starting today until Wednesday 31, users will have access to special prices on Guitar Pro 6 and on the digital tabs portal mySongBook.com.
- New Pro Audio DSP & Brainworx Plugins Pro Audio DSP introduces Dynamic Spectrum Mapper v2 while Brainworx offers bx_limiter and bx_XL v2
- spacedad Dirtylay Spacedad has released Dirtylay, a 32-bit VST Delay Effect for Windows.