or
Create an account

or

Thread M-Audio Fast Track USB and OS X ... Help

• 1 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion M-Audio Fast Track USB and OS X ... Help
Total Newbie here ... I bought an M-Audio Fast Track USB for my wife for Christmas so she can record guitar and vocals into Garage Band just to mess around. So the plug-and-play worked great in OS X 10.4.7. The Fast Track device shows up for both Input and Output. I selected the device for Input. We plugged in her Acoustic Guitar (which has a pickup) and set the Fast Track 1/4" input to Guitar. We created a new Real Instrument in Garage band and attempted to record (messing with all of the knobs on the Fast Track). When playing back the recording we noticed that there was sound but it included both a low level recording of the guitar and what she was singing. The only way this could happen from what I can tell is that Garage Band is using the internal microphone. I have triple checked all the settings in OS X to verify that it should be using the Fast Track for input but I can still record vocals into Garage Band. So I'm a bit stuck because if something is wrong with OS X and the device is not being used then clearly we will not be able to record guitar this way.

So, thanks in advance for any help.
So I went back into Garage Band and noticed in the preferences that you actually need to set the Audio Driver in the Garage Band application itself. It does not pickup the default from OS X. Total Noob but I'm glad I posted because I might not have gone back in to figure it out

Perhaps this will help someone else out sometime.