Fender American Standard Stratocaster [2008-2012]
Fender American Standard Stratocaster [2008-2012]
iamqman iamqman

« One sexy Strat »

Publié le 08/01/11 à 20:45
First off this is one of my favorite looking Strats that Fender has come out with. I might be partial to this guitar because one of my best buddies owns this very guitar. So I have spend a lot of time with it. Other than my first STrat I have ever bought this one is my favorite piece that I have ever played.

This is the Sienna color sunburst on this guitar. It is a transparent color that you can actually see the wood grain through the paint. This is a very cool and artistic treatment to this guitar. There will be an up charge for this paint job so you have to like the color otherwise it is not worth the extra cost.

Sienna Sunburst

Neck
Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
Number of Frets: 22
Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
Position Inlays: Black Dot Position Inlays
Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
Fretboard: Rosewood or Maple
Neck Material: Maple
Neck Finish: Gloss Headstock Face with Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck
Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt
Truss Rods: Bi-Flex Truss Rod System
Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series Nut
Electronics
Pickup Configuration: S/S/S
Bridge Pickup: American Strat Single-Coil Pickup
Middle Pickup: American Strat Single-Coil Pickup
Neck Pickup: American Strat Single-Coil Pickup
Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
Special Electronics: No-Load Tone Control
Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. No-Load Tone Control (Middle and Bridge Pickups)
Hardware
Hardware: Chrome
Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage Style Bent Steel Saddles
Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
String Nut: Synthetic Bone
Switch Tip: Parchment Switch Tip
Tremolo Arm/Handle: American Standard Series Tremolo Arm

Every Fender Stratocaster I have ever played needed the pickups replaced. So for every Fender Strat out there you are going to have to replace the pickups. It amazes me that someone like Fender who have build some of the world best guitars and amps completely and utterly fail at making pickups. Its not only Fender but Gibson pickups suck as well. Their pickups have to be the most horrible garbage sounding pickups in the world. I'm sure that someone out there has topped them but their pickups are just trash.

Any old amp will do with this guitar. I like all Strats with a good old Fender amp. I also play them with a Marshall amp but this one in particular I have played with a PEavey CLassic 50. OK amp not for me but the guitar shines through that amp though. This guitar will also work for any style of music except most of the drop tuning stuff. You won't be able to get a deep thick fat metal tone from this guitar. Any of you are into that kind of music you already know that. Other than that it will suit most players just fine.

AT new you can find these amps for right at around $1150, that is a bit of an up charge for this sunburst sienna color. a little bit more time involved getting this thing to look this way so there is an extra charge. Well worth it if you dig this color combination with the maple fretboard.