Musima STRATOCASTER
Van Heek Van Heek

« Very nice vintage strat »

Published on 07/05/20 at 12:40
Audience: Anyone
I bought this a couple months ago on a secondhand sales site in the netherlands for 65 euro . I would rate myself as a beginner player.
The man i bought it from had a couple guitars for sale 2 affinity squires and this lead star guitar.I never heard of it ,did some google and every where i saw only good revieuws so i bought it.When i came home i brought it straight to a luthier who adjusted a upbow,leveld the frets and intonated the guitar.cost me 120 euro but the result is grazy.This guitar sounds very nice and plays great.
It has a hugh brass tremelo block in it that makes the guitar feels heavier then my other guitars.
The tuners hold,and feel good rotating them ,very smooth.The bridge sadels look like they are made from steel,good quality.
The elctronics work good ,i like the five way switch ,you feel it fallung in place when you switch.The guitar makes no humming sound or buzz when i dont play and it is noisless.
I found many puctures online from the.musima lead star guitar and they al seem too have a decal that says Musima 1,2 or 3 on it,this one.just has lead star ,writen on it.I have no idea how to date this guitar on any site online using the serial number.
It has a sticker on the back reading Made in GDR . German Democratic Republic .
Very nice too have a piece of that era and the reason i bought it instead of the affinity squires that were selling almost same price.
....

Images linked to this review