Universal Audio 2-1176
Universal Audio 2-1176

Studio compressor from Universal Audio belonging to the 1176 series.

itchounet itchounet

«  A quality tool »

Publié le 04/06/11 à 03:42
Value For Money : Poor
A simple compressor, stereo, computer rack without editing, pure hardware!
The inputs and outputs are XLR only.

If you know the principle of a compressor (at the same time saw the price of the bike, I hope for you) use is clear, the knobs are nice but not serrated.
The manual is nice and gives some examples of uses and settings.
I find the overall finish of the unit performed very well, the compressor is magnificent.

Compression is the way you want, soft singing, or guitar or downright in your face "to enter a snare drum for example. I like a lot, that is versatile. A formidable weapon for my shots, and that gives me an unparalleled dynamic stability.
I tested: drums (oh yeah), low (it depends on the bassist and his bass, can quickly lead to very bad results, I do not think this is the compressor for that), saturated guitar (awesome) and singing (top too). That brief happiness, after all depends on the rest of the stuff you use, a compressor must belong to an audio channel in a coherent studio.
The compressor does' m not overly confident on a master's degree in hand, I prefer the manley why, perhaps less dramatic!

I use this compressor for several months, its price / quality ratio is very good, especially that he played in a price range that lies between the average range (DBX) and high-end expensive (manley variable mu ). For a quality stereo compressor I find the maximum rate that honest.
I think this is not the compressor to buy a priority, we will say that it was primarily a luxury for the compressor taken, which will allow you to fully control your dynamic and bring a very light color your sound. In short if you have the budget go for it!