< Tous les avis KRK KNS 8400
KRK KNS 8400
KRK KNS 8400

Studio headphone from KRK belonging to the KNS series

etien96ne etien96ne

« Very good headphones combining comfort, sound and value for money! »

Published on 07/06/14 at 02:38
After one and a half months of use, these headphones are really perfect and haven't disappointed me.

The pros are:
Exceptional comfort
Manufacturing quality
Quality sound
Value for money

I don't really see any cons, except maybe that they are a bit light.

In any case, there's nothing that justifies the price difference between the KRK KNS8400 and the Shure SRH940si, other than what comes on the pack.

I would certainly buy them again today.
The only thing I'm unsure about is how long they will last. But I'm not worried, given the quality of the materials.

USE AND DESIGN

I use these cans to listen to music and also for my home studio.
I listen to all sorts of music: EDM, jazz, rock, classical music...

They are my first "pro" headphones, although I had several hi-fi models before.
I compared them to the Shure SRH940, which cost about 100 bucks more!

They are really pleasant, light, the materials give you confidence and the ear cup foams are really über-comfortable!!
They are so comfortable that simply putting them on gives me pleasure! You can easily forget you have them on.
However, they don't stay that well on the head, but it's all right for studio headphones.

Compared to the krk, the shure seem really cheap: They are made of rugged plastic parts that don't fit together well and they make noise... The ear cups aren't as comfortable and the foam on the headband hurts the head.

In terms of packaging, they are not exceptional: They come only with a cable (another coiled cable would've been nice), which is of good quality. It also comes with a screw-on adapter, a leather pouch, an antibacterial cloth and a detachable volume remote control, which is very practical because it doesn't alter the sound quality at all.

In contrast, the Shure has a really comprehensive packaging with a straight and a coiled cable, spare foams, and adapter and, especially, a rigid box. That probably explains the 100 bucks difference.

STURDINESS

In terms of sturdiness, I can't really say much because I've only had them for 1.5 months. However, the materials inspire a lot of confidence, compared to the Shure, which feel really cheap.

AUDIO QUALITY

In terms of quality, after breaking them in, these cans easily blow out all the models I've had before! Even hi--fi headphones at the same price point!
They are precise, well-defined, airy. The basses are present, which is exactly what I need for electronic music. That's a real change with regard to my older cans, which had not much lows.

My only point of comparison are the Shure.
Both are similar in the low end and mids, but when it comes to the thighs, there is a difference. I think the KRK are better defined. The Shure have some dips in the mid highs, which make the sound a bit "duller." This makes the mixes sound less airy than with the KRK, and the overall sound is a bit muddled.