Ultrasone Pro 2900
Ultrasone Inc., distributor for German headphone manufacturer Ultrasone AG, debuted the open-backed headphone in its legendary PRO Series, the PRO 2900.
Ultrasone is releasing both a standard, single cable version and a balanced, double cable version of a pair of headphones.
Balanced versus Single Cable Headphones
While standard, single cable headphones are commonplace in most pro audio and audiophile applications, a balanced headphone coupled with a balanced amplifier is said to offer unique advantages over the former such as increased audio performance due to a doubling the slew rate and voltage swing power, while reducing distortion components & eliminating crosstalk.
PRO 2900 Features
Ultrasone’s PRO 2900s has a black design, velvet covered black ear pads and a diamond-cut logo insignia on the ear cup. The PRO 2900 features a 40mm titanium-plated driver and a soft USC-Cable that is paired with Neutrik connectors. Ultrasone’s newest headphones contain MU-Metal shielding (ULE technology) that reduce the amount of radiation directed to the listener by up to 98%, as compared to conventional headphones.
PRO 2900 Technical Specifications
- S-Logic Natural Surround Sound Plus
- Dynamic principle, open
- Frequency range 6-42.000 Hz
- Impedance 40 Ohm
- Sound pressure level 96 dB
- MU Metal buffer board, reduced field emissions in accordance with ULE (=Ultra Low Emission) standard
- Driver 40 mm titanium-plated
- Weight 295 g (without cord)
Pricing & Availability
The PRO 2900 headphones have a MSRP of $549 and the Balanced PRO 2900 headphones have a MSRP of $799. Both models are currently available from Ultrasone’s network of dealers and at www.Ultrasone.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Ultrasone HFI-580 The new Ultrasone headphones contain the company’s S-Logic technology for reduced sound pressure on the ear drum and improved tonal perception.
- Westone ES5 The ES5 was designed to deliver sound quality, clarity and response comparable to monitors with more drivers.
- Denon DN-HP500 Denon DJ has introduced the DN-HP500 at the market entry price point.