or
Create an account

or

Thread Hi, new to the site and interested in opionions on midi controllers?

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Hi, new to the site and interested in opionions on midi controllers?
Hi,

I am new to the site and interested in any opinions on midi controllers for a small pc based music set up.

I have been interested in electronic and pc based music for a while and used to mess around with all sorts of applications like Tuareg, Tunafish, Kyrstal, Hammerhead and d-lusion. The I got interested in FL Studio (Fruityloops) and recently got FL Studio 7.

I have just started exploring what it can do, and up till now have always used my pc keyboard, mouse and piano roll editor to enter notes via a step sequencer, but now want to get a midi controller to allow me to input basslines, simple melodies etc in real time.

I have been looking at a lot of different makes and models but really want something small and easy to use (as I dont have a lot of space) and that wont cost a fortune.

Someone reccomended the M-Audio Oxygen 8 V2 which seems like a good little controller for the money and I just wondered if anyone is using it and what they think of it?

Thanks for any help you are able to give & I look forward to becoming a regular visitor to the site and the forums.

Cheers.