or
Create an account

or

Thread Westerberg says hi!

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Westerberg says hi!
I use my set up to just record single channel voice. I set up an in-home computer recording studio using Sound Forge, A Darla 24 Echo Soundcard... and I have a Rode NT-1 Mic with an Aphex 107 preamp... kind of an old school set up... including cables and a nice HEIL Mic boom... I got this up and running in 1998 for about $1,400.00... (not including the computer) since then I have purchased and installed several similar set-ups for voice talents who work for me. Recently I purchased a Tascam US 122... this is a very good external USB interface that provides the phantom power I need for the Mic... so you don't need to purchase a preamp. Including the mic (Rode NT-1A) this set up only cost me about $400... much cheaper than back in '98.

I recently built a mobile recording studio I can take on the road... again... the NT1-A was my Mic... with Sound Forge 7.0 and the Tascam US 122 as the external USB soundcard. I use a Dell E1705 laptop for the computer. Everything worked great but I had a hard time getting the drivers to "stick". They would just disappear after I would shut down the computer and required installation again and again... until I went to the Tascam site and downloaded some more detailed install instructions... now everything works great.