Create an account

or

Thread Help with recording issue

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Help with recording issue
Hi People!

Just joined as I thought that you may be able to help.

I'm a Voice artist, work from home, do radio commercials, narration etc. I've recently changed some hardware and software, so my set up consists of:

*Eurorack UB 1622FX Pro mixing desk
*Gatt Audio mic
*Sound Blaster Audigy sound card
*Adobe Audition 1.5

Basically, the problem is that i've got a very low buzzing noise that appears each time I record audio. Having turned off all the equipment (mic/mixer inc) and just recorded a file with nothing, the slight buzzing noise remains - Aaaaaaaah!!! It is noticeable when the speakers are full on, but it's still offputting and can be heard under my voice.
Can anyone help me as i'm tearing out what little hair i've got left...THANKS!
I would suspect either your soundcard or a bad cable. I would unplug everything from you soundcard rather than turn it off, then see if it does it. If it does, I'd suspect you soundcard. If it doesn't, add things back one at a time until it buzzes.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've had a thorough look at the system tonight and made a few changes. Turns out that my GATT microphones isn't earthed and it was that causing the buzzing noise - grrr! For the money I paid, I expected better. The soundcard is new and works fine (better than the built in one anyway!

So i've ordered a new mic now and that should sort it (I hope lol!)

Cheers :)