or
Create an account

or

Thread Just another recording engineer/musician

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 Just another recording engineer/musician
Well, I'm just another of the many musicians out there bit by the recording studio bug. Having been involved with electronics for over 40 years it was a natural. Back in the late 80's I put together a studio that then involved a Tascam 80-8 1/2" tape format. I moved toward digital as soon as the first ADAT came out and used a Mackie board with some really nice Aphex gear. I got very familiar with Guitar/Synth interfaces back then having a GK-2 Roland pickup on a Strat combined with the then current State of the Art Roland converters headed into a Roland D-550 (D-50 keyboard without the keyboard) module. I had various rack effects units. I also had an AKG 414, Neuman TLM130 and host of others. I moved from California to Utah, lost the job I had and had to sell it ALL off for pennies on the dollar.....man did that hurt.

Now just last Fall I recouped and started it all over. I got a nice Korg D3200 32 track digital work station (boy have technologies changed) which has about 80% of my previous studio all in the unit with NO patch cables needed. I picked up Rode NT1-A, NT2-A and K2 mics along with a Neuman KMS105 for live work. I also use a Sennheiser e614 on my Martin acoustic guitar and an additional Sennheiser e845 for the gal that assists my singing efforts. I added a ART TPS-II preamp ( for warmth when needed) and a superb TC-Helicon VoiceWorks to keep the voice on track....along with some impressive on board effects. I also added a Brian Moore I91-13 Roland Ready electric guitar which tracks leagues better than my old Strat ever did. I have the newer Roland GI-20 midi guitar interface which goes into a XV-2020 Synth module utilizing 2 extra sound cards. That is one sweet synth. Produces any sound you can imagine with extremely believable results. All in all I'm real happy now. Oh and I also added a nice top line Boss drum machine. I run it ALL through a Furman AR15-II power conditioner/regulator (a real must IMHO). Having way too much fun......