or
Create an account

or

Thread help with the CTK-900

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 help with the CTK-900
HELP!!. hI y'ALL. i HAD AN OLD CASIO KEYBOARD AND ALL my bass and drums for my 3 piece band went from my pc to the casio for good sounds and then to the amp. the programmed music came out pretty good. Butttt: the old casio's midi plug was getting loose(do u know anybody who fixes that?) and so i bought the new one. the trouble is . all my songs came out good with deep bass and organ and drums and now all the new communication with the new casio is coming out with some pretty terrible sounding stuff. I tried to program some registration using the bank and registration but every time i click on a new midi song the casio keeps defaulting back to the garbage sounding setup instead of my new stored ones. do i have to start the song everytime and then hit the bank registration button everytime AFTER the song starts. that would be worthless. frustrated in Houston.
This may or may not be the problem, but the CTK-900 has a headphone out but no line out, which means (a) output comes from the amplifier built into the keyboard so it is not as clean and (2) higher voltage output is going to the amp (too high) so you need a resistor circuit "pad" between the keyboard and amp if you are playing the keyboard through an amplifier.