or
Create an account

or

Thread Linuxman looks for `puristic' solution (for 2 microphones)

• 3 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Linuxman looks for `puristic' solution (for 2 microphones)
Hello,
I want my notebook to be able to record my quitar and singing at once.

I was looking for something like: 2 quality microphone inputs
I will use SHURE SM 58 (singing) and some AKG (C3000??) (guitar).

What i need is pure clear sound - minimalistic in efects, volume control I will do by sw, or in another way.

So i have looked at Creative products and they have none (extern USB 2.x) - because I have notebook (Athlon 1.7GHz).

Anything like Magic Box for me exist (for 300$ maximum?) Thanx.
M-Audio micght have exactly what you're looking for. They have a model called the mobile pre which connects to the USB port of your PC.

"MobilePre USB is the preamp with a built-in audio interface that’s designed for laptop recording such as field recording and sampling expeditions. In fact, it’s one of the only completely bus-powered preamps available. (Of course, you can use it on the desktop as well.) A total of three kinds of audio inputs and outputs provide maximum flexibility for any application—including two on-board microphone/instrument preamps and high-impedance instrument inputs ideal for connecting guitars and basses. And unlike many competitors, zero-latency direct monitoring provides you with a streamlined professional recording experience."

List price is 180 dollars
In my country it costs something about 200$. Question is Linux driver for it, I have contacted local M-audio dealer to find out existence for that one. Maybe its the solution (yesterday it took me some time googling and that was the output, so thanx for your suggestion, looks i'm on the way to purchase :-).
Will let know experience here afterwards.
MOBILEPRE has no drivers for Linux (I use SUSE distribution - personally).
But this one: Edirol UA-20 has support in core (ALSA is in new kernels). It may work - we will see Im going to buy it....