or
Create an account

or

Thread Clueless bassman wants to record drumtracks to CD or ?

• 14 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Clueless bassman wants to record drumtracks to CD or ?
Hi; I'm a bassman that wants to record drum tracks of specific songs to CD for playing at the gig. Its very difficult to find a drummer in my area.

I will need to have a seperate drum track recording for each tune we play.
What software would be best to use? A friend has some programs called Cakewalk and Audition and Powertracks and I think also Band in a box.

I have a Zoom MRT-3 drum machine but am not sure it is the best choice for making synthetic drum tracks. I'm a clueless noobie and any advice will be much appreciated. flatpickbassplayer
Show first post
Yes he lives in Slovenia for short of time. But I think he is croatian or slovak I don't know exactl. (I study electrsirty but I don't know :) :lol: )

Where are you from?

When you figure out something about modplug or if you have any question just write.
I'm from near Pittsburg in the n.e. US. Thankyou for the music. I accidently stumbled through the steps to play it, it sounds great. I will go to another area of forums and try to learn about PowerTracks. I will try to find the suitable place to further discuss ModPlayer. Jim.
I like reason. I have several examples using Reason and the Natural Studios kit 6.

Lots of sequencers come with Reason Adapted which should let you load the ns_kit 6.rfl .

Moby Dick is probably my best ns_kit 6 example or maybe Sidewalk not sure what your into.

Most of the other stuff uses other drumkits. Or if you like completely synthesized stuff check out Birdland.

Its all here www.dreamersound.com/reason

P.S. Boogieman_B3.rns has all the patches available for you to use.
Thanks for the neat info. My knowledge base is taking root and sprouting, thanks to lots of good help. I'm trying to get a copy of Reason now so I can have a look at it.
LOL!! I'm not sure what I'm into either just yet. I know i want to have a virtual drummer playing realistic drum sounds from a CD or whatever else is best, so I can have a dependable drummer at hand. If that works out O.K. I'd like to expand a little and record my own bass line to the same CD. With the CD playing the bass and drums for each tune I could then play the rhythm guitar parts live. Or perhaps I could record the rhythm guitar onto the CD and play bass live. Anyhow it sounds like its going to be a fun (I hope)project. Best Wishes; Jim.
Hello Flatpickbass,

I'm Livetracks. I 'm new here. I saw you post and I wanted to introduce myself to you an to all on this forum. So Hello from Livetracks.

I wanted to let you know that I could help you out with getting your drum tracks recorded. I have a Studio in Nashville , Tn. I'm a studio drummer / producer. I've worked with many songwriters/ artist and bands thru the years and have been recording drum tracks for people at my studio via internet and inperson. Real acoustic drums or MIDI.

Please check out my website @ www.nashvilledrumtracks.com and listen to some samples of my playing and drum sound.

If your still needing some help please contact me and I'll help answer any questions that you might have.

All the best
Livetracks