Squier Double Fat Telecaster
Squier Double Fat Telecaster

TLC-Shaped Guitar from Squier belonging to the Telecaster series.

lala-lala lala-lala
Publié le 07/17/09 à 04:30
In which country was it made? (USA, Japan, Mexico, France ...)
Guitar brand Squier (by Fender licencied) but made in Korea by Cort (serial number beginning not K)

How many frets, what kind of microphone and their configuration?
22 frets, 2 humbucking and split by the push-pull tone Knob.

What type of bridge (Floyd, Wilkinson ...)?
Fixed bridge strato typing (no plate surrounding the microphone as a TV Standard)

What are the settings (volume, tone, micro switch ...)?
1 volume, tone (with the split of the microphone) and a 3 position toggle switch type Gibson

What kind of stick?
Handle C becomes D (going in the treble)

The guitar is all mahogany table and without maple set neck with rosewood fingerboard, jumbo frets style Les Paul Studio, but slightly higher profile of the heel so the paul: This TV has the name because it is more spirit c is a Les Paul in mind. Mine is metallic blue (like the picture of AF) and important note, the whole guitar is painted (back of the neck and head included) Note that the edge of the body of the guitar is chanfrénée that gives the illusion of a table carved ... In any case, I find that level "mouth" she throws. And I must confess that I often say that Squier is the best of my park guitar which includes among other a PRS CE22 and a ibanez AFS75TR (demicaisse) (sometimes I do not quite understand the people) The finish is Nickel

The handle is it nice?
The handle is painted but especially because personal, it does not bother me. as soon as you sweat a little, AC starts to slip alone. Otherwise, level playing comfort is very good!

Access to acute (last string) Is it easy?
The access is not great but it suits me perfectly since I rarely go in this area

Ergonomics is it good (in terms of shape, weight ...)?
Ergonomics perfect for me: the body &#39;bisseauté "lets the forearm, the guitar is lighter than a Les Paul

Do you get a good sound easy? ...
The sound is not top to bottom: the microphone does not render homage to the lute: the coup and since I had the opportunity for cheap (70 € 2 micro) it put a serious and Seymour Jazz Jeff Beck in an Acute. And there ... 6 sounds déboitent
micro hard and well to acute nervous, micro engrave bold and well bluesy. Splits sounds very good even if it&#39;s not his Stratocaster. Splité the central position outside the phase is very compelling. A versatile guitar capable of adapting to many styles. I play mostly punk rock and ... trip hop and sometimes blues

Are they suitable for your style of music?
Versatile, suitable for styles that I play (punk rock and trip hop)

With what (s) amplifier (s) or effect (s) do you play?
I have a Fender Prosonic, and I had the opportunity to play on Marshall and TSL60 AVT50 and Peavey Bandit 112 (last generation) that shovel pass on all amplismais nickel to my surprise (and this is only my opinion) TSL is the lowest it goes well (maybe this is the waste lamps) and it is on the Prosonic she spends the better (Off topic: The Fender Prosonic amp is the best that I I could test in 15 years of guitar)

What kind of sound you get and with what settings ("crystalline", "fat ",....)?
It is both thin enough and graouh: dien notes are defined but it sounds leaner and brighter than on my PRS

What are the sounds you prefer, you hate?
The shovel directly in my Prosonic, microwave sharp, the two gains of the amp to 12, Equal A / 7, M / G 7 / 4, and sail rock&#39;n&#39;roll!

For how long have you been using it?
I&#39;ve had it three months and I must confess that I sometimes have more fun playing this on my PRS Squier (sic!)

What thing do you like most/least about it?
Telecaster a comfortable, versatile, 6 sounds, which has a color "cooool", which sounds, not expensive, I must admit I&#39;m not sure what to blame. By looking carefully, I would say that the sound micro splité is far from the sound of a strat microphone. But Jeff manufacturer of micro Bordeaux http://www.mc2musique.com ( http://www.mc2musique.com/ ) (who, what is said, made ​​the microphone from scratch in Black Desire) always told me that a humbucker in split will never the sound of a "real" simple.

Did you try many other models before getting this one?
It has been 15 years since I made the guitar, I have 6 guitars at home. And I repeat in the basement of a guitar mag ... In trying to deduce if you frequently scratch ....

What is your opinion about the value for the price?
Used price (200 €) the value for money is extraordinary. (For that price was not even an Epiphone LP100) Only microphones original sin a little. but this is easily solves by going to the site Guitarfetish (for example)

Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ...
It is a gift ... My girlfriend saw me drooling over this guitar and suddenly the whole beautiful family has contributed to offer me ... Anyway, I will not get it was a gift, I would do for free! In addition it is very rare on the market opportunity: If you see one to go for less than 300 € !!!!!!!