Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Bluesman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Bluesman
vodevil vodevil
Publié le 01/22/09 à 07:06
All Tube 40w amp, for details see notice below.
The specificity of this limited edition of 800 copies is the presence of a Celestion Vintage 30 instead of the traditional version of Eminence Classique.

The amp comes with a footswitch and cover, to take the amp a little warm, convenient when passing a concert hall bubbling cold winter parking.

It is fairly complete, the EQ common to both channels do not bother me, at least it is quite effective, I just regret not being able to walk switcher like the reverb on my old Vox.

You can find very quickly that his research is mainly in the clean sound, so it is good in all positions of the knobs.
knob the attendance is very responsive and efficient and switch "bright" makes a difference, that is to say, more acute and slamming a bigger attack including distortion.

The only downside is the footswitch, I think I came across a bad model. In fact, I opened it and discovered it was loose at the plate's black community that has a tendency to wander when you shake the pedal (which happens very rarely I understand.) Anyway, on this point it's a little "cheap" for the Made in Mexico (I have another footswitch fender made in China which is perfect), because damage the finish of the amp is copy it.

At the sound is really good. I play a Fender Telecaster on U.S. and Epiphone Les Paul.

His clear: Really love it! the V30 gives him some "honesty" but never be cold, otherwise the sound is hot! Contrary to clean my Vox AC30, the sound is much "manageable", precision and dynamics are waiting for you, each note stand out and it is easy to play with the shades, gently rub the strings and you have a sound especially severe in micro velvet, attack them with a pick, the sound is powerful and nasty. To do a little cruncher I use a booster EHX LPB-1 and that makes straight for SRV tones, arpeggios or Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Overdrive: The first position is rather nice, the crunches are issued very vintage (although personally I prefer those of my Marshall Drive Master), the V30 makes everything clearer and less rough especially in "more drive". However, for me the best way to use it (for the most current rock) is to start my metal muff distortion, a very powerful and modern pedal on overdrive this channel. Result, we get a much more dynamic and modern, while retaining a grain hot and not aggressive (like a boosted ts-9) after just snap my boost in addition to almost have a fuzz! (But beware of the buzz)

the reverb is pretty good too even if it becomes too present above 4, it can thoroughly beautiful chorus if coupled with a nice clean distortion (metal muff for me) or on clear harmonics with a slight tremolo.

Really sound very pleasing to the ear, very musical and balanced, the V30 provides some comfort level sounds very powerful and serious, with my Metal Muff, near-death, the receiver does not move much and delivers his most serious and the most dynamic crazy.
This amp can be very versatile if it is coupled with a sufficient pedalboard (distortion, boost, some effect ..) I can not wait to try a compressor and an equalizer desssus.

This amp is great for lovers of clean sounds and overdrive, I recommend, however, more with a guitar and a simple Miros pedalboard for the type of sounds that we love.
I've never tried the classic version of Hot Rod but I think the Vintage 30 really brings something to the sound of this amp.
The blue color is unusual and rather flattering, the blue LED is very beautiful, an amp that stands out on stage ..
When is a head version of Hot Rod to be able to fuck a 2X12?
Mr Fender LOUD please ..