Laney L5T-112
Laney L5T-112

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Laney belonging to the Lionheart series.

Don_Viviano Don_Viviano

«  Excellent »

Published on 04/03/13 at 10:46
Combo all tube 5w, HP 12 inches.
2 channels: Clean and OD.
Reverb and bright to clean.

Shared EQ for two channels.

2 inputs Hi / Lo, and a master volume for OD channel.

One foot in the amp to tilt

It is a plug and play amp, super easy to use.

The sound is typical british. Qd was even a very clean lens but quickly crunch (normal: 5 watt amp!). Impossible to get a clean sound for a rock band repeat example (with drummer bass singing etc ...).

But I never use the clean, I bought this combo for crunch: either clean thoroughly (10/10) on the drive channel 5/10, with adjustment of the master.

In 2 cases, there is a sufficient volume WIDELY rehearsals / concerts / big scenes.
The amp has a great dynamic, very easy to get a clearer sound by attacking less strings for example.

Grain crunch is quite open (not tight), but not as much as a plexi example. Presence is impressive, the amp does not sound dark at all, rather it is very sharp, typical british sound. In the amount of gain with humbuckers, one arrives at a kind of overdrive solo lead. You can also put a good OD pedal in front of the amp, cash superbly, and it adds a third channel amp.

He collects as well Octafuzz my and all my other effects connected directly in front.

There is in my view a video on youtube that shows quite accurately that the amp in the gut (despite the sound quality is not transcendent, it does not matter, I think we feel good about that video you feel when you play the beast. The beginning of the video is that the crunch was on its clean, more on the OD channel, we see that the grain of the clean channel, crunch when it is much more airy than the OD channel).

A true rock'n'roll machine.

I love this combo, it is exhilarating to be. Necessarily a bit expensive, like € 600 for nine 5w ... OCCAZ but it becomes affordable, and you can play in a group without problem if you are not attached to its clean. Otherwise, it will afford the big brother 20W (€ 1,000 new).

Before I had a Laney LC30 good amp too. The brand attracted me for its reliability, but the sound was a little too right, even if I kept it for several years.

With this one, I do not think changing amp for a while!