RedPlate CDS2 guitar amps
RedPlateAmps is in production with the CDS2 Chuck D’Aloia Signature Version 2, a new guitar amp available in both head and combo.
The CDS2 is a pedal friendly platform that gives the player the ability to switch between the clean tones of a blackface-style preamp or the break up of a 50’s tweed preamp. The overdrive section can be set for anything from British crunch to endless sustain and an all-tube fully buffered effects loop is included. Like all RedPlate Models, the CDS2 is handmade in the USA.
- 6-way Mode switch sets midrange Q for everything from a scooped “country” tone to a full on fat “fusion” tone
- 3-Way Bright Switch
- Tone Stack Bypass – Turn the Bass knob all the way counter-clockwise and remove the whole tone stack from the circuit to get a “guitar-straight-to-volume-and-master” path
- Tube Serial Effects Loop
- Blackface, overdrive and tweed channel switching via front panel or 3-button MIDI footswitch
- Presence control on the rear panel
- Voltage: available in 100V, 120V, 220-230V versions
- Power (Watts): 40w/18w
- Inputs: 1
- Controls: Blackface - Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Mode.- Master, Presence.
- Overdrive - Gain, Drive, Level. - Tweed Volume, Tweed Tone.
- Configuration: Combo 1x12", Head
- Speaker Description: Celestion Vintage 30
- Impedance: 4, 8 ohms
- Power Tubes: 6L6/6V6
- Pre-Amp Tubes: 12ax7
MSRP - $2299 head $2499 combo. More info on the RedPlate website.
Please note that a CDS3 version is also available, which adds a tube reverb to the CDS2 features. Price is set to $2699 for the head and $2899 for the combo.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Fender '57 Bandmaster combo Reissue Fender reissues the '57 Bandmaster all-tube guitar combo, a model included in the Custom Series.
- [NAMM] Jam Pedals launches The Big Chill Tremolo Jam Pedals announces The Big Chill guitar tremolo pedal that you will be able to discover at the NAMM Show next week.
- [NAMM] Mad Professor Amber Overdrive Mad Professor unveils its next overdrive pedal for guitar, the Amber Overdrive that will be presented at the NAMM Show 2013 next week.