Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 36 Head
Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 36 Head
rb.muzik rb.muzik

«  Zi Ultimate Amp! »

Published on 02/10/13 at 10:04
This amp is very versatile because of its (his) power (s), it goes up to 36w lamp! And has an attenuator (switch on the back) which allows up to 18, 5 or 1w as needed (domestic, rehearsal, concert) and even cut off the speaker output, useful for example to use the integrated DI (of excellent quality, needless to develop for those who know the Red Box) and save at any time ... I used to play particular headset through a table without disturbing the neighbors in the middle of the night, the HP simulation is excellent.

It has three channels: Clean, Crunch and Lead. These last two are sharing the same three band EQ but each with its Master and Gain.

Connection level, we have of course an instrument input, a speaker output 8-16ohms, the famous DI out for recording or connected to the sound system, an effects loop, two footswitch inputs, one (s) activate the reverb and / or the effects loop, the other to change the channel.
It is also regretteable the head delivered in its quality cover is free of footswitch ... to buy more, shame!
Twelve o'clock and 7-pin socket to store and move from one setting to another (the possibilities are endless).

I already have an excellent combo version of 18w (HP 10 ") very portable (only 9.4 kg).
36w version we have the following improvements: a Master / Gain section dedicated to each channel (version 18w Crunch and Lead channel is the share), a MIDI connection and a power of 36w ... where 18w stops, the 36 going very well, ie large scenes / rooms, outdoors where you need live sound of the amp.
For small clubs, I keep the combo.

Three channels therefore possible to pass from a brilliant but wish modular thanks to effective corrections EQ and Gain clean (cranked it "cruncherai" almost ...) to a Crunch equally adaptable to a Lead edge if desired, ideal for a solo.
Any lamp (3x 12AX7 preamp in and 4x EL84 Power) is for me THE sound.
It is extremely versatile even though it sounds terribly for the style of music I prefer to know rather Blues-Rock 60's-70's ... for sure, however, that satisfies the fans of extreme close sounds (although in Lead, the gain in depth ...).

The Reverb is excellent (and not "spring" because it is digital), more present on the clean channel, perfect!

It sounds with simple and double, Fender or Gibson, no problem.

I plug it into a 2x12 DVMark of 16 Ohms (13.5 kg great too) and I do not think finding better, even much more expensive! The price / quality ratio is perfect for me. I can only recommend it. In addition, a colleague guitarist bought immediately after hearing me play with! I do not really need to tell him more ...

I think we can hardly do better, yet I searched but I have not found ...