Marshall 1959 JMP Super Lead [1967-1981]
Marshall 1959 JMP Super Lead [1967-1981]

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Marshall belonging to the JMP series.

nefrenka nefrenka
Publié le 10/20/06 à 11:24
Here we are, after some time I finally have my head full of vintage Marshall amp (everything is original from 1973!). This is the model JMP super lead.

It is a true beauty that this all-tube 100W head, it says much more powerful than a 100W lamp current heads, and this is due to the fact that in the 70 standards have emerged and the electrical power had to be reviewed in the down to some danger with the power failed at the time, the potential difference varied slightly and everything was burning! what happens today!

This head is in reality a power far greater than 100W displayed on the meter (I say this knowingly because I owned for 5 years a whole head lamps 100W Marshall JCM 900, the sound pressure is exerted really different!)

It was then as I said earlier meetings in 1973 to a certain Sylvia, if so! I assure you it has given its name on a small update on the receiver and any checking of the assembly. Everything was done step by step by hand (like the famous editions of the series).

The setting options are very simple: it is first necessary to know that the head has four inputs guitar. Thus we can as hendrix, coupled channels for maximum sound and can then mix them with 2 volume knobs ...
The EQ is quite simple the rest found a presence knob and a treble of (acute) to a medium and one bass.

It is of course a very simple configuration (thanks to the qq knobs) but also highly accurate (the change of knobs causes a real change in sound)

In sound it is clear that there has never been better ... the lights EL34 delivers the true original sound Marshall, it's still the same amp as Jimi Hendrix, Pete Townsend or Jimy Page .. . so you can very well see the sounds you can get.
A crunch of madness ... CRUNCH THE MARSHALL ... a heavy distortion or acute (type Heavy metal even if you will) ... and finally a super clear sound by lowering the volume at the guitar (but beware, this operation does not affect the volume almost!)
That's how that splits its microphones is obtained while the sounds you want, and often the neck pickup is clear in its config (volume down so) and the bridge pickup volume is a background for his devastating .. .

Audiofanzine on the question of the manual makes me laugh ... if you can find a manual of over 33 years call me but it's more than keeping qu'épique a manual for more than three decades!

So here it is certain that extreme metal is a bit inappropriate (though with a good pedal ... burst up even more than any amp !!!). But the true vein of this amp is well on the rock (the rock n roll to punk through the current pop rock, glam rock, and rock in general 60 to 80 years)
Of course I use the winning combination of Jimy page / Angus Young / Slash or of Jimi Hendrix. This is how I usually use either a Les Paul Custom 1957 reissue of the custom shop, a vintage Gibson Flying V. The sound is just perfect (and believe me I am demanding!)
My favorite sound is of course the crunch and with all possible settings!

Of course, this amp is brand new for me but I live to play on the Marshall stack lamp and I confess to have never found better than this series of amp (I must also admit that I love Jmp series also master volume and the series JCM 800 MKII)

It is also understood that I have tried many other amps that time before finding my true happiness ...
Buy an amp like this is an investment (I paid all the same € 1500) but it should be noted that this amp was in mint condition (new electronic state and outside in perfect condition) and it is an issue special (it has indeed something quite visible in the photo lines of white color, not golden, it is because it was specially commissioned by an artist Londoner for these bands are matched to those of the speakers (who were always white) ...

In summary ... amp perfect for a lot of style and with a unique sound!