Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic TA-15 Head
Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic TA-15 Head
pujol813 pujol813

«  A collection of sounds for the price of the skin of the lower back »

Publié le 06/30/10 à 09:15
See data sheet and manual at Mesa Boogie.
Perfect I put this topic but I do not give us this topic. Get to the bottom

The configuration is not so simple.

Each channel is a world of sound to sculpt patiently. Very patiently.
At 5 watts, one can already play with a beautiful sound without DISCHARGE civil war but lacks a bit of stomach heat, short of most of the lamp.
The transition from 5 watts to 15 watts changes considerably the frequency range.
At 15 watts, you get a more broad, more creamy. A note is important that we can play with this voume both at home and in repeats.
At 25 watts, it has the perfect volume for the repeats and the concert. No problem, it covers the drummer (who would not take cold) even in the clear.

The grip of the two channels is not obvious. See next chapter.

I plug in the head on an HP Orange. I have a Boss ME 50 multi effects. I use four different guitars.

Channel 1 is close to the Vox AC30 but you need to activate a push-pull switch for the function which cut down the treble that of the master. Not easy to find the right dosage at the beginning.

- In Normal, you get a clean sound, rather crystalline. I plugged a Rickenbacker 12-string. The result is troubling. We get the true sound sixties (Byrds, The Beatles) Arpeggios welcome. You can spend some time to adjust the gain and frequency to achieve perfection. Overall, with the gain in low frequencies and at noon, is neutral, it does not flatter the ear but it respects the sound of the guitar. So perfect for home exercise.

- Top Boost mode is easily crunch. I tried with a telecaster. Great for arpeggios and rhythmic pop-rock and pub rock. With a stratovolcano in crunch, it is quickly in the atmosphere british blues. If you connect a humbucker, you get to his punk rock seventies. And then we did more laughing, "No Future" and all that kind of thing with heavy bar chords. But beware, the effect settings in this configuration becomes complex (see below)

Channel 2 is simpler. It has three voicing.

- Tweed mode, I connected a stratocaster with a very low gain. Perfect for chicken in the country picking. I took up the gain and reconnecting the telecaster. It can go from rockab 'fifties to rythm'n'blues wild. Everything is in the mix of earnings and choice of microphones. It is a channel rather enjoyable. The dosage of bass and treble in 15 watt mode allows to approach the universe Fender closely enough. Enough to fall into it, actually.

- Hi Gain mode 1, we enter the bacon. First I tried with the telecaster climbing gradually gain. We spend a very nervous british its boom in the seventies rock totally hard-wearing shorts. Then I went with a Telecaster equipped with two dual-coils, and now we can attack by farting solos harmonics. I also tried to slide. Texan bit rough with beard and dark glasses.

- Curiously, Hi Gain mode 2, the difference is not so sensitive that in terms of saturation. But with a pedal, you can go down to the metal pathological. I tried. Good. Can. This is not the purpose of this head. Nor mine.

Is "pedal friendly"? It depends. It has no effects loop, so it goes directly into the preamp. Both saturation distortions, cuts, tremolo, chorus, phaser and rotary spend another pile, both reverb and delay asking really fingering.

The result is still the height of the price. The announcement marks a collection of vintage sounds. They are all there. Tidy. In order. Ready to bite.

I tried just about everything. Vox of the Marshall Mesa Boogie Fender's passing by Crate and Peavey, of Orange, and even a Davoli superlead who was my first tube amp (I'm talking about something of thirty years ago, eh You may infer the age of Captain) Well, I know the stuff pretty well.
I had a small head for records with reference sounds.
That is fact. I have taken for between five and ten years with this thing. Without remission.
Is it expensive?
Is there another silly question?