Orange TH30 Head
Orange TH30 Head

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Orange belonging to the TH series.

babadelh babadelh

«  Good quality / price ratio »

Published on 07/15/14 at 04:34
I think a lot has already been said on this head. It has 30w lamp: 5 lamps for the preamp, 4 power.
In addition, this head has two channels (clean / dirty), an effects loop but no reverb and must be added to the footswitch.
Power is 30w but can be decreased to 15 and 7.5 w.
Clear channel amp has only 3 settings: volume, bass and treble. In channel "dirty" we still 3: gain, volume and shape. the shape is a kind of equalization of the poor ...
A line output would not have been refused but do not forget that the head only costs € 800.

Use of this amp is simple, very simple, too simple. Simply plug in and turn the knobs. Obtained a "good" very easily but I think the result is often impersonal and this is for me the biggest problem with this head!

I think this amp is best suited to beginners or people who have no desire to take the lead to get her a little more successful.

The TH30 be pretty good at it why I buy. To rock, blues, metal it can go but if it is not versatile. However, the little he does, he does it very well!

Then the "clean" channel saturates very quickly which gives a very nice little crunch but it can cause problems for not having a clean sound.
Furthermore I very quickly abandoned the "dirty" channel for an overdrive pedal Maxon. It was too violent for me and the lack of adjustment here is really felt.

I use it for 3 years now. I bought it at the time because I could not make me better.
Its strong points are:
- The price / quality ratio.
- Its easy grip.
- A "good" its easy to get.

Its weaknesses are:
- His great lack of versatility.
- No line output, reverb and true EQ!

The quality / taken ratio is very good, but I think this amp quickly becomes limited when you want to go further in the sound.
With the experience I do not have that choice. I orienterais over to a rack that best meets my expectations but this is not the same budget!