Peavey Rock Master Tube Preamp
Peavey Rock Master Tube Preamp
Everlone Everlone

« The Rockmaster rocks! »

Publié le 07/05/11 à 10:13
The Peavey Rockmaster preamp is an all tube, three channel guitar preamp. Like many other Peavey guitar amps, the channels are labeled Clean, Crunch and Ultra, and the Crunch and Ultra channels have a three band active EQ labeled Bottom, Body and Edge for the low, mid, and high frequencies. The Body knob can be pulled to shift the mid frequency higher for a more mid-scooped sound. The Crunch and Ultra channels have their own gain and level controls labeled Pre and Post. The Pre knobs can be pulled on these two channels for a gain boost. The Clean channel has its own Low, Mid, High, Presence and level controls. This preamp has an unprecedented five effects loops; one loop per channel, plus one that affects the Crunch and Ultra simultaneously, and a global loop that affects all of the channels. The Rockmaster also has both a high and a low gain input for different output pickups. There is also an XLR balanced line out on the back.

I find it very easy to dial in a good sound on the Rockmaster.

I use a Gibson Les Paul Custom and run the Rockmaster into the effects return of a Peavey Classic 50 2x12 combo. I’ve tried running a Danelectro Fish n’ Chips graphic EQ in the Crunch and Ultra loops because they share an EQ, and this gave the two channels a more unique and differentiating tone. The Rockmaster is capable of sparkling cleans, mid-gain Marshall like crunch, and full on metal saturation. The key to these tones are in the push/pull gain knobs and the push/pull Body knob.

My favorite thing about the Rockmaster is its versatility. That, and how inexpensive they are to buy. This is my second Rockmaster. I sold the first one thinking there was something out there that would make me happier, and within weeks I regretted it. I’ll be holding on to this one for a while.