Focusrite Saffire 6 USB
Focusrite Saffire 6 USB

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the Saffire series.

vsavagellc vsavagellc

Phantom Power
Midi I/O
Mic/Line Inputs
High Quality 24bit recording

Comes with the following extras
USB connection able
Ableton Live lite
Focusrite FX Suite
Novation Bass Station Synth
Software Drivers

I use this USB interface with my laptop. I use it for music production as well as sound designing. It's light weight and really easy to setup so it's a must in my mobile production setup

I typically use this interface with Propellerheads Reason. I don't notice any latency with this unit and the drivers are very stable in my experience. I haven't tested the unit with any daws such as logic or pro tools but I can assure you if it works in Reason (which is not a recording daw by nature) you'd have no problem using it with a daw as long as you select you're recording channels you'll be fine.

GETTING STARTED

I use the saffire 6 on windows 7 with no compatibility issues (thank god) the unit is very easy to use and easy to setup. You don't need to use the instructions. All you have to do is plug the unit up to your computer and install the drivers then go into your computers and audio programs preferences and point to the device. I do suggest downloading the drivers directly from the site and not using the drivers that are pre packaged in the box. 90% of the time the drivers are more up to date when pulled from the website.

All in all this is a very good interface to invest in. What I love most able it is its price and quality. It's preamps are as quality as focusrites higher end audio interface units. I've worked with many other audio interfaces out there from maudio to Mbox and for the money I feel the focusite Saffire 6 USB is the best way to go it's as fast as most firewire interfaces that are on the market today. If I had to go back in time and make this decision again (choosing an audio interface) I'd still go with the Saffire 6. It's a must have seriously