Agrandir
Focusrite Forte
stompboxjon stompboxjon

« Low Latency  »

Published on 10/22/12 at 22:09
The Focusrite Forte is a 2 in and 4 out USB interface. It has 2 microphone pre amps and is compatible with your Mac and PC computers. The pre amps that come on the Forte are very good, and being that this is a very portable interface, you will always have high quality preamps wherever you need them. If you have a decent microphone you can record great sounding vocals while using the Forte (because of the preamps). The screen on the front of the Forte is also touch sensitive, there are not many options you can do with the screen but it will allow you to switch options and modes.

The Forte is a low latency interface, it is great with both Mac and PC computers. That is the reason why I got this interface. I have only been using it for 4 days now and it works perfectly on my MacBook and PC running Windows 7. Setting it up was very quick and easy, just loading the proper drivers and then it is plug and play from there. It does come with software but I do not use that software as I use my own DAW.

GETTING STARTED

With 2 XLR and 2 TRS inputs, 2 TRS and 1 1/8 output in stereo , you will have all of the optons you need to get audio in and out of your project you are working on. It does have Fantom Power. There are no digital inputs or outputs on the Forte which could be a deal breaker for some people.

The Focusrite Forte is very sleek and portable, it is very quiet and extremely easy to use because there really only is one knob and a few options on the touch screen. It does come with a manual. The Focusrite Forte just came out and it will be interesting to see how it holds up over time because I plan on using this interface for a long time for my portable set up with both my PC and Mac.