Add this product to
  • Mon ancien matos
  • My current gear
  • Mon futur matos
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Images
1/482
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the Scarlett series.

Public price: $499 incl. VAT

Thread Master / Headphone Volume Routing

Light mode
  • 10 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
Manuel Christen

Manuel Christen

5 posts
New AFfiliate
Premier post
1 Posted on 02/22/2020 at 06:24:10
Hello People
I didnt speak Enlgish very well, but i try it. Im sorry :P:

I have a Problem with the Headphone and Master Volume Routing. I use the Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 1st Generation.
I have the Problem on my Windows PC and i new Install it on my imac and its the same Problem.
The problem appeared very randomly and is now instant. And i didnt found a solution or a helping Thread yet.
Reset Drivers, Firmware Update, Tryed Different Routings, change from Windows to MAC etc,... nothing helped

So the Problem::

When i put the Master Volume up on the Interface, the Headphones 1+2 gets also louder.
When i turn down the Master Volume Knob to turn down my Monitor Speaker, to use only Headphones, the Headphones turn also down.

I dont can adjust the Volume at the Headphones Volume knobs. It runns all over the Master Volume knobs.
Before the Problem appeared, the Master was only for the Monitor Speakers and the Headphone Volume Knobs worked sepperatly.

Know i Must turn the Monitor Power off and on, that i can switch between Headphones an Monitors.
Its very annoying:oo:

Thank you very mutch for the help. I hope we can find a Solution

Greetings Manuel Christen:mdr:
angelie

angelie

350 posts
AFfluent Poster
2 Posted on 04/22/2020 at 14:33:33
Hi,

Can you provide us a screen save of the focus rite software... I suspect undead a routing failure / mistake.

Many thanks

- Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

Manuel Christen

Manuel Christen

5 posts
New AFfiliate
3 Posted on 04/22/2020 at 14:58:01
Hi

Thank you for the reply. I found a Solution to Deactivate my Monitors over the Software when i will us only Headphones.
"On the right site deactivate the "knob 1+2"..

But i hope i we can find the right Solution for the Problem. Because i want normaly control the Volume over the Interface Hardware Knop.. not in the software.

Many thanks and Greetings Manu
Manuel Christen

Manuel Christen

5 posts
New AFfiliate
4 Posted on 04/22/2020 at 14:59:09
Here the Screenshot

https://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/thumbs3/focusrite-scarlett-18i20-2949452.png
Manuel Christen

Manuel Christen

5 posts
New AFfiliate
5 Posted on 04/22/2020 at 15:01:37
Sorry here is a better Photo

https://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/thumbs3/focusrite-scarlett-18i20-2949453.png
angelie

angelie

350 posts
AFfluent Poster
6 Posted on 04/22/2020 at 21:48:28
Post deleted

[ Post last edited on 04/22/2020 at 21:58:56 ]

angelie

angelie

350 posts
AFfluent Poster
7 Posted on 04/22/2020 at 21:58:03
Hi,

Back again.
The interface has 3 modes.
Your 1 till 10 buttons may be

Blue : output on
Red : output off
Gray : output on ( but don't follow master fader)

To gray out headphones outputs 1 and 2

Press ( shift + fn) and click with the mouse the numbers 7 8 9 & 10

They are gray now...
Still produce your mix but no longer controlled by the master volume.

Interesting fact : all the outputs on the rear are also master volume controlled

This same option you use with multitrack out
And you will need control room speakers but you don't want to affect the rest of the outputs on the back.

Have a nice day.

- Angelie

angelie

angelie

350 posts
AFfluent Poster
8 Posted on 04/22/2020 at 21:58:04
If you have other questions just ask...
Good luck

- Angelie

[ Post last edited on 04/22/2020 at 22:00:06 ]

Manuel Christen

Manuel Christen

5 posts
New AFfiliate
9 Posted on 04/23/2020 at 04:29:03
Wow thank you veeeery mutch!!! It worked.:bravo:

Greetings Manu
angelie

angelie

350 posts
AFfluent Poster
10 Posted on 04/23/2020 at 05:48:15
Your welcome

- Angelie

cookies

We are using cookies!

Yes, Audiofanzine is using cookies. Since the last thing that we want is disturbing your diet with too much fat or too much sugar, you'll be glad to learn that we made them ourselves with fresh, organic and fair ingredients, and with a perfect nutritional balance. What this means is that the data we store in them is used to enhance your use of our website as well as improve your user experience on our pages (learn more). To configure your cookie preferences, click here.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies

Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.

Website preferences

We store your preferences so that you do not have to re-enter them every time your come back (forums options, dark or light theme, classifieds filter, standard or buzz news, newsletters popups...).

This one makes sure you don't have to re-enter your credentials every time you visit Audiofanzine.

Analytics

This data allows us to understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :)

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies

Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.

Website preferences

We store your preferences so that you do not have to re-enter them every time your come back (forums options, dark or light theme, classifieds filter, standard or buzz news, newsletters popups...).

This one makes sure you don't have to re-enter your credentials every time you visit Audiofanzine.

Analytics

This data allows us to understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :)

You can find more details on data protection in our privacy policy.