Focusrite Scarlett Solo

Thread Crackling Noises Scarlett Solo / Windows 7 64bit

• 37 replies
  • 22 participants
  • 22 followers
1 Crackling Noises Scarlett Solo / Windows 7 64bit
Hey Folks,first cheers from Germany.
yesterday i received my Scarlatt Solo.
Well,Driver from official Page,install,input, Windows says everythings fine,Solo accepted.
But i got crackling Noises all the Time. With a normal audio Player,YT Vids, Cubase,etc.
Even if i Change the Buffer/Samplerate etc in Cubase. Same...
And i cant change the USB Performance Mode. Its allways on Mixing.
Its getting me Mad...Even tried another Asio (Asio4All) Noting...
Anyone with same problems?
Let me know if u got a Solution.
Cheers,Sebastian
Show first post
Hi Simon Focusrite,

I`m using AMD W7. I had the same problem and solved it with the old drive.
When do you think the new v3 driver with the fix will be available?

Thanks!

1 Posted on 03/20/2015 at 03:13:18
Thanks a lot Fips, great walkthrough.

Cheers
Simon // Focusrite Technical Support
Hi Cbas,

Thanks for the message, we are currently working hard with our USB drivers, but unfortunately I can't give you a specific date at this time.
If you have an AMD machine, you can currently use the 2.5.x driver with no issues, if you wish to use the 3.1.x driver (perhaps for its Pro Tools optimisations etc), then try using the Scarlett with a USB3.0 port instead of a USB 2.0 port.

Hope this helps.

Quote from Simon:
Hi Cbas,

Thanks for the message, we are currently working hard with our USB drivers, but unfortunately I can't give you a specific date at this time.
If you have an AMD machine, you can currently use the 2.5.x driver with no issues, if you wish to use the 3.1.x driver (perhaps for its Pro Tools optimisations etc), then try using the Scarlett with a USB3.0 port instead of a USB 2.0 port.

Hope this helps.

Hello, I recently bought a Scarlett Solo and I'm experiencing the same problems, even with the 2.5.2 drivers, but the popping sound doesn't come that often like on the 3.x driver. I experienced these in Cubase, but on the other hand, the sound disappears sometimes in Ableton. Aren't there any solutions for this?

I bought this audio interface especially because some people recommended it to me as well as the Focusrite brand.
Hi Christian,

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues even with the 2.5.2. driver. The issue may be system related. Have you been able to Optimize your PC for Audio, and test for DPC Latency?

It may be worth submitting an email case here : https://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact so that we can look into additional troubleshooting.

If you prefer that I start a case for you, please PM me your email address.

Best regards,

David // Focusrite Technical Support
Hi Simon,

So Finally I bought a PCI-e USB 3 card. Installed the v3.1 driver and no more crackling...but a new problem came up.
On Nuendo the ASIO Driver won´t sound. When I switch to the ASIO Directx Driver it works fine. I erased all the Registry inputs, re-installed the v3.1 and at first the ASIO driver worked, but the day after I had the same problem.
Any suggestions?

Also, when I try to change the latency (recording, balanced, mixing) it changes back to mixing.

Thanks,

Hi Cbas,

I understand that your PCI-e card is a USB 3.0 card, however please can you let me know how Nuendo reacts when using the 2.5.2 driver:

https://owncloud.focusrite.com/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=9a6c22504e230c260f4734d99b041b61

Does Nuendo produce any errors on the screen? If so please screenshot them.
Do you get similar issues with another DAW (Reaper is good and free to evaluate: www.reaper.fm)

Please do let me know how you get on.

Hi Simon,

I was hoping to have a better performance after buying the USB 3 PCI-e Card, but even though the crackling dissapeared, all playback sounds stopped after some time on any software, even watching videos on youtube and a reboot was necessary each time. The Nuendo/ASIO Driver did the same thing. Another failure was that I wasn´t able to change from recording/mixing/playback on the focusrite panel.
Now I got back to using the v2.5 of the driver. It works perfect...on the USB 2 port. (I still got some problems with the v2.5 driver and the scarlett connected to the USB 3 port).
I really hope the new driver comes out soon and solves everything!
Hi Cbas,

Glad that you were able to get up and working.
You're able to subscribe to beta.focusrite.com in order to be informed when the latest beta USB driver is release.

Hope this helps.
I have almost the same problem. My interface Scarlett Solo worked perfectly fine on old Core2Quad 9400 machine with Win 7 x64. Recently I've built a new system based on i5-4460 and MSI H97 Pc Mate motherboard and Windows 7 x64. When I use it with Reaper crackling occurs (but it's usable). The biggest problem is that I have to unplug the interface from usb if I want to make it to work after system restart. It's just basically not present in the system though the interface led stays on. When I pull the usb plug out and put it back again after one second it appears in the system. I've installed NEC USB 2.0 PCI card but the sound is horribly crackled (even on youtube) so I put it back into usb 3.0 port on the mainboard. Any advices for that?
When you say you're experiencing problems after a system restart, do you mean after waking your computer from sleep mode?
Please note that we do not currently support sleep mode because of the above issues. I would recommend disabling any sleep modes (although display sleep is fine). If you finish a session and are not going to use your computer for a period of time, it is good studio practice to fully shutdown your computer until the next session.

Hope the above is helpful.
Simon //Focusrite Technical Support