Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Focusrite Scarlett2 18i20
Images
1/440
Focusrite Scarlett2 18i20

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the Scarlett 2nd Generation series

Write a user review or Ask for a user review
Reviews
Price engine
Classified Ads

Thread MONITOR OUTS thru Scarlett 18i20 (newbie alert)

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 MONITOR OUTS thru Scarlett 18i20 (newbie alert)
Hi everyone:

I've done a lot of digging to see if this has been posted before, couldn't find anything. If it HAS, my apologies.

I'm using the 2nd Gen 18i20, as well as a Behringer Ultragain Digital expander thru the ADAT interface for a total of 16 mic pres.
I am using the REAPER DAW software,

I followed a REAPER tutorial on how to create headphone mixes (I want mono headphone mixes), and all worked OK. I routed the mixes to outputs 3 and 4 of the Scarlett.

When I played audio thru the system, it seemed to be going to to the proper outs. When I connected the outs to a headphone distribution amp (PreSonus HP60, thru the external input), however, i could not get any audio into the headphones.

What am I doing wrong? Is this not supported?
* false post * icon_facepalm.gif

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

[ Post last edited on 05/05/2018 at 06:59:59 ]

Hi and welcome,

I work with a 18i20 with a focusrite octopre mkii dynamic on aDat...

If the tutorials worked for you and you made a headphone mix on output 3 and 4 ... That is nice to hear...

The outputs 3 and 4 need to be Connected to the ext In of your headphone amp / distributor....

That is exactly what you did... But I guess you used the wrong cables... Outputs 3 and 4 are ballanced right? And you insert those in a combined left / right input.... Of the external In..... Those are thus unbalanced...

If you connect this ballanced out with one cable ( trs) and press mono the signal will be canceled out.... And you will hear nothing.

Can you explain how you connected the 3 / 4 outs to the stereo external in?

I seriously think you made a faulty connection
Because the ballanced out need to be rewired to unbalanced twice so that output 3 and 4 can be combined into a combined ( single) stereo input....

Feel free to ask if you have any questions...

- Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...