Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Focusrite Scarlett2 6i6
Images
1/161
Focusrite Scarlett2 6i6

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the Scarlett 2nd Generation series

Write a user review or Ask for a user review
Reviews
Price engine
Classified Ads

Thread Monitor knob mysteriously changed from volume to pan

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Monitor knob mysteriously changed from volume to pan
I have a 2nd gen Scarlett 6i6 and at some point the monitor knob, which was controlling monitor volume nicely, stopped controlling volume and switched to a pan of sorts, although it does not pan the volume evenly between left and right monitors. I've checked the volume controls on the monitors and I don't recall making and changes in Focusrite Control or elsewhere. Additionally, since I can't control the volume using the knob, I have to rely on PC volume slider and, even then, it doesn't work to control the volume in Ableton.

From looking at Focusrite Control, there are different settings for playback output and DAW output. All I am trying to do is get everything back to where it started, although switching to default in the File menu is not helping (I also have a brand new computer, which I thought might help but isn't). Any suggestions?

The autoreply from Focusrite linked to this, but it's about Legacy Scarletts: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207360035-Hardware-Control-doesn-t-work-I-can-t-change-the-volume-from-the-front-panel-?auth_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo4MjY2NTMsInVzZXJfaWQiOjM2MTE1NzI4NDI1OSwidGlja2V0X2lkIjoxMzE5MDIyLCJkZWZsZWN0aW9uX2lkIjozNjAwMTI4NjY4MDAsImFydGljbGVzIjpbMjA2Njc1MTM5LDIwNzM2MDAzNSwxMTUwMDU2NzU5MjVdLCJ0b2tlbiI6bnVsbCwiZXhwIjoxNTU4MjczNTIxfQ.DXCnN7BBo90H8FiMqeq5PjG9JQNMT5xsTaWVeS5uXu8&solved=0

My setup is simply running from computer to the Scarlett with usb and then balanced TRS quarter inch cables to each monitor from the Focusrite.
Look at the attached image. This image doesn’t show the setting you will need, but just use it as a reference for what area to look in.

In the Outputs section of in the Focusrite Control software, make sure outputs 1 & 2 are set to Stereo (yellow circle), and that the source is set to playback 1 & 2 (red circle).

focusrite-scarlett2-6i6-2616307.jpeg